PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Butler with Career-High Game

mufan2003
12-18-2014, 10:46 PM
35 points, 7 assists, 5 boards, 4 steals, 1 block.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=400578671

pbiflyer
12-19-2014, 08:15 AM
And against the Knicks! As a Floridian and Heat fan, that makes it extra sweet!

The Reptile
12-19-2014, 10:25 AM
Show him the MONEY! Nothing like going off in a contract year.

CaribouJim
12-19-2014, 01:52 PM
The Charles Barkley and Reggie Miller back and forth about Jimmy was a great listen. Pretty much about the degree of how good he is. He showed a ton of confidence from the get go - not hesitating in the least when he had an open shot no matter the distance.

The OKC and Golden State game was ultra entertaining as well.

WindyCityGoldenEagle
12-19-2014, 01:59 PM
Caribou - I was at the game so didn't get an opportunity to hear the Miller/barkley debate. Can you sum up for me?

I was one of the people that agreed with the Bulls to not pay Jimmy the kind of money he was asking for at the time as he was a solid defensive player with a very limited offensive game. That being said, it looks like Gar/Pax made a bad gamble on that and we were wrong - the kid has flat out stepped up and looks the part of a legit all star 3 guard. He's going to command some serious coin and hopefully the Bulls can find a way to keep him.

CaribouJim
12-19-2014, 02:31 PM
Caribou - I was at the game so didn't get an opportunity to hear the Miller/barkley debate. Can you sum up for me?

I was one of the people that agreed with the Bulls to not pay Jimmy the kind of money he was asking for at the time as he was a solid defensive player with a very limited offensive game. That being said, it looks like Gar/Pax made a bad gamble on that and we were wrong - the kid has flat out stepped up and looks the part of a legit all star 3 guard. He's going to command some serious coin and hopefully the Bulls can find a way to keep him.

Both were highly complementary. Reggie thought he was worthy of being thought of as a the lead guy type of player and Charles thought he is more or less a place holder while Rose gets back to himself and I think he went on to say he wouldn't give a max contract to him. Both thought he should unquestionably be an all-star this year - thought he was one of the best 2-way (offense and defense) guards in the league and they later added Wesley to that group.

WindyCityGoldenEagle
12-19-2014, 02:41 PM
Interesting and thanks for sharing. I agree that he is not worth a max deal. The problem for the Bulls is that there is probably a team out there willing to pay give him a max deal. Gar/pax may have not only gambled and lost by now having to pay more for his services but may lose him entirely, ugh.

Markedman
12-19-2014, 10:43 PM
31 and 10 tonight for JB........amazing

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
12-21-2014, 06:58 AM
With the cap going up, I'm pretty sure Chicago will keep him. Just not at the price they wanted.