PDA

View Full Version : Wow

Phantom Warrior
12-16-2014, 11:30 PM
On offense, that is the best ball movement I've seen from MU in a year and a half. Very unselfish.

On defense, everyone - well, almost everyone - played solid, stayed in front of his man. Impressed by the improvement of both Duane and JJJ on D.

Luke obviously makes a huge difference on both ends, but he didn't do it all by himself.

WindyCityGoldenEagle
12-16-2014, 11:43 PM
On offense, that is the best ball movement I've seen from MU in a year and a half. Very unselfish.

On defense, everyone - well, almost everyone - played solid, stayed in front of his man. Impressed by the improvement of both Duane and JJJ on D.

Luke obviously makes a huge difference on both ends, but he didn't do it all by himself.

Carlino really does struggle guarding against dribble penetration...hopefully luke can be a force to erase some defensive let downs

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
12-16-2014, 11:45 PM
JJJ's hustle and effort was notable tonight. The best he's played on defense in awhile.

WindyCityGoldenEagle
12-16-2014, 11:52 PM
I thought this might have been one of Juan's best games at Marquette. He was absolutely all over the place on both ends of the floor. IF and it's a big if, we can get consistent scoring from other guys, it let's Juan completely focus on doing what he does best - the nitty gritty, glue type of stuff that every team needs.

AbovetheRim
12-16-2014, 11:57 PM
JJJ's hustle and effort was notable tonight. The best he's played on defense in awhile.

JJJ took a couple plays off defensively and it was really noticeable being at the game. He was totally spent at the 12 minute mark in the 2nd half and walking to close out on his man at the 3 point line. Can't fault him for being tired, but watching him all game, he just seems to have a lazy streak defensively the likes of which I can't remember seeing on an MU team. Loves the offensive end and is semi-committed on the defensive end at this point. I love the guy, and if Wojo can get his intensity up at all times, the guy is an NBA player IMO. I feel like his offensive game is at or above the level Jerrel McNeil displayed at a similar stage in their respective careers.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
12-17-2014, 12:04 AM
He definitely does have that tendency, but at least when he's scoring and getting into lanes it seems to motivate him. Everyone seemed gassed in the second, he wasn't alone in that regard. He could be very good, but I agree that it will take consistent effort.

dw3dw3dw3
12-17-2014, 09:46 AM
JJJ's gassed compared to other players was very noticeable. I thought he must of been injured or something with how slow he was moving on defense, then on offense he would be moving fine.

Goose85
12-17-2014, 10:17 AM
JJJ's gassed compared to other players was very noticeable. I thought he must of been injured or something with how slow he was moving on defense, then on offense he would be moving fine.

May need some more minutes out of Cohen. With an already short bench, Cohen only logged 3 minutes.