PDA

View Full Version : luke's own thread

dubs98
12-16-2014, 10:39 PM
guess we can maybe create a thread just for luke after that performance. Hard not to get too hyped up about a guy after that, but I am trying to tell myself that he simply had a really good game and this will not be the norm. Either way, however, his presence dramatically changes the dynamics of the team. Regardless of what he does going forward that game was the best down low play on BOTH sides of the ball possibly since I began watching MU hoops in the early 90s. I am sure there have been games I am forgetting, but he was actively defensively, rebounding, started fast breaks, and was efficient offensively. Davante had better offensive games. I am sure Amal had some better defensive games. I just started following near the end of Macs years so I can't remember, but he probably had some games in there, but I can't remember a player doing this for MU. He was absolutely great and really allows our guards to get after it much more on the defensive side. I am sure we will have some more games where he comes back down to earth but he was terrific tonight.

Also, shout out to du Wilson and JJJ who played great. Also, Juan is becoming one of my favorites since Lazar. He does so many small things and has just stepped up so much it is ridiculous.

Gato78
12-16-2014, 10:42 PM
Amazing Luke stat: in the last 3 semesters his coaches have been Tom Crean, Buzz WIlliams and Wojo.

dubs98
12-16-2014, 10:47 PM
what, no mike deane???

Gato78
12-16-2014, 10:53 PM
Individuals with Kevin O'Neal, which is just Kevin swearing, getting Fischer ready for the big time.

Nukem2
12-16-2014, 10:54 PM
Amazing Luke stat: in the last 3 semesters his coaches have been Tom Crean, Buzz WIlliams and Wojo.
In the last 21 months, if you include HS, he has had 4 coaches with Showalter ( who obviously coached him well).

AbovetheRim
12-17-2014, 12:01 AM
Luke = Rim protector. Carlino, JJJ, and Duane (although his on ball D has greatly improved) look infinitely better defensively with him in the game.

CaribouJim
12-17-2014, 11:48 AM
Not surprisingly, Luke lead MU in +/- w/ +22.

http://statsheet.com/mcb/games/2014/12/16/arizona-state-71-marquette-78

Luke's entrance was very Kramer-esque last night:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k13j8mm4Gk8

MUMac
12-17-2014, 02:23 PM
One part about what Fischer brought yesterday, that I have not seen discussed, is the communication. He was a traffic cop on D. Calling out the sides where the picks were coming, directing the D. IMHO, his communication with the guards on the perimeter really helped their overall D. He was doing some of the same on O, but it really looked like he was the MLB calling the plays at the line of scrimmage for the D last night. That was fun to watch.

wiscwarrior
12-17-2014, 04:19 PM
One part about what Fischer brought yesterday, that I have not seen discussed, is the communication. He was a traffic cop on D. Calling out the sides where the picks were coming, directing the D. IMHO, his communication with the guards on the perimeter really helped their overall D. He was doing some of the same on O, but it really looked like he was the MLB calling the plays at the line of scrimmage for the D last night. That was fun to watch.

I noticed that too and communication on defense was something Wojo said was missing in earlier games. Can't help it, I'm really excited about the future. None of this "only one game" stuff. I'm all in!! :D