ESPNU Mike Morgan, Darrin Horn

MSG Holiday Festival
Fordham @ St. John's, 1:30
Fox Sports Networks Chris Carrino, Ron Thompson

Illinois State @ DePaul, 3:00
Fox Sports 1 Steve Physioc, Donny Marshall

MUBasketball
12-14-2014, 07:50 AM
SHU should win pretty handily, as should the Johnnies but they'll probably look blah and win by 10 or so. I think 'Nova/Temple will be a tight game as they usually are (and glad to see Raff on the call, he hasn't called too many games yet this year).

I think Tennessee beats Butler and Illinois State beats DePaul.

pbiflyer
12-14-2014, 08:46 AM
Darrin Horn doing the Butler game. Wondering where he ended up. Saw him at Carolina. Thought he would have done better there.

MU/Panther
12-14-2014, 10:26 AM
I think 'Nova/Temple will be a tight game as they usually are (and glad to see Raff on the call, he hasn't called too many games yet this yearl.

He has done more than you think. He has been doing games when Marquette has playing at the same time on ESPN and CBS.

TedBaxter
12-14-2014, 10:31 AM
Darrin Horn doing the Butler game. Wondering where he ended up. Saw him at Carolina. Thought he would have done better there.

South Carolina hasn't won an NCAA tournament game in 42 years. Some of us saw their best teams in the early 70's under Frank McGuire.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/tournament/history/_/team1/7350

MUBasketball
12-14-2014, 11:08 AM
He has done more than you think. He has been doing games when Marquette has playing at the same time on ESPN and CBS.

I know he's done games, I'm just saying it seems like a lighter schedule to this point as opposed to years past. Hopefully he picks it up in conference play!

MU/Panther
12-14-2014, 11:19 AM
He did work all four games on FS1 on Thanksgiving and Black Friday in the Las Vegas Invitational. Did St. Joe's and Villanova last Saturday and Kansas Georgetown this past Wednesday. We need Raftery doing Marquette games!

I hope he is doing the Syracuse at Villanova game on big Fox this coming Saturday.

MUBasketball
12-14-2014, 12:04 PM
I'm sure they really had to twist Raff's arm to do the Vegas tourney. He saved Fox a ton of money, he probably didn't need a hotel room!

MU/Panther
12-14-2014, 01:43 PM
Butler 26 Tennessee 22 3:53 in 1st half on ESPNU

Villanova 21 Temple 13 7:15 in the 1st half on FS1

St. John's 9 Fordham 9, early 1st half on FSN

ge1974
12-14-2014, 06:26 PM
Anybody see how DePaul lost to Illinois State during the last 30 seconds? Wow, talking about blowing a game. DePaul is up 3 points has the ball, and breaks the full-court press and one of the DePaul players decides to drive to the basket and throws up an airball. Illinois State gets the ball runs a fast break, passes to a player in the corner and the Redbird player heaves a 3 pointer which hits the rim then goes skyhigh, hits the top of the backboard and it comes down thru the hoop...plus the shooter was fouled and made the shot. DePaul never recovered.

It kind of reminded me of the MU at Louisville game a few years ago when all MU had to do was run out the clock (11 seconds left?) ...but Dwight Buycks decided to drive to the basket and shoot and missed. Louisville ended up winning he game (Overtime?).

Gato78
12-14-2014, 07:49 PM
DePaul blew that like only DePaul can. As I was watching the game, I started thhinking they may be alright this year. When the bottom dropped out, and they were showing Oliver Purnell, I was reminded, it is DePaul. Pathetic.

Mark Miller
12-14-2014, 08:11 PM
Brutal. Horrible shot selection down the stretch. Dumb foul on the three-point shot. Idiotic turnover on ensuing possession.

De Paul needs new blood in its athletic department.

warriorfan4life
12-14-2014, 09:57 PM
Their new arena (in a much better locale) is one final chance for DePaul to utilize their many inherent advantages. I believe they will let this opportunity slip as well, but I think they could be a very good program under competent leadership. The leadership they have now is eons away from being competent.