PDA

View Full Version : Fwiw

Phantom Warrior
12-10-2014, 11:55 PM
Georgetown played nine guys tonight against Kansas, but one of the nine played three minutes and another played one minute. The Hoyas basically went with seven guys playing double-digit minutes.

Providence played eight guys tonight, seven of whom played double-digit minutes in a win over Rhode Island.

St. John's had six players play double digit minutes in an easy win.

Last night Nova had seven guys play double-digit minutes in the win over Illinois.

My point? I think it's obvious.

We now have eight scholarship guys on this year's active roster. Certainly not ideal for practices though there are ways around that (Wally and one of the asst. coaches).

I think all eight players will likely end up averaging double-digit mpg. Deonte's departure frees up 16 mpg, and I'm guessing Luke averages at least 25 mpg. Taylor and Juan might end up with slightly fewer (4 to 6) mpg as the three of them divvy up the 80 mpg at the 4 and the 5.

DW, DW, MC, and JJJ should see the bulk of the 120 mpg on the perimeter, but I think SC could end up with 8-12 mpg as well.

We honestly don't need more than that.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
12-11-2014, 07:46 AM
It's very common for teams to have an eight man rotation (or less sometimes as you mentioned) ... The issue becomes if a few guys get hurt you are really in some trouble, or if someone gets into real foul trouble it can put you in an even worse spot. Having 8 guys isn't the end of the world, especially if nobody gets hurt the rest of the way.

Nukem2
12-11-2014, 09:41 AM
This is a really tight roster situation as the roster equals the rotation. Lets do a collective "knock on wood" here.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
12-11-2014, 05:18 PM
Providence survived with a 7-man rotation on quite a few occasions recently, most notably in 2011-12, when they had 4 guys average 34+ mpg.