PDA

View Full Version : Starting Lineup

Mucrisco
12-08-2014, 11:30 AM
Not to hijack this thread, as that never happens here, but the link to dodds site had me wondering. With Luke back, who will be the biggest beneficiary? What will the starting line up be down the road? Line up you most want?

I think Duane Wilson and Carlino will benefit the most. I think the starting line up will be:

PG Derrick Wilson
SC Carlino
WF Anderson
PF Taylor
C Fischer

The line up I will like to the best may be:

PG Carlino
SG Duane Wilson
WF Anderson
PF Burton
C Fischer

Burton, though, has to step it up with both intensity and decision making. That could have the most potential offensively and could be fun to watch.
I think this deserves it's own thread, so I started one for you. I think the starters will be:

PG Derrick Wilson
Guard Duane Wilson
Guard Carlino
PF Juan
C Fischer

I think we need both Duane and Carlino in there as scoring threats. Our motion is a 4 out/1 in, so you can still use Juan at the 4 because you want a guy in there with perimeter skills. Ideally, you want that guy to be able to hit 3's so that his defender can't sag off of him. Then, you have more driving lanes and you can feed Fischer in the post easier. You can use Taylor to spell Fischer in the post. If you are having trouble rebounding, then you can sub him in for Juan or slide Juan up a spot to a 3. Burton gives you an offensive spark off the bench along with Cohen. Right now, JJJ is just a body, but he gives you depth.

I am really intrigued by this lineup that you have:
PG Carlino
SG Duane Wilson
WF Anderson
PF Burton
C Fischer

Perhaps the right bulb can turn on for Burton and he starts to earn more minutes. Perhaps Carlino and Duane gets a better understanding of what Wojo wants, and Derrick is not needed in the starting lineup anymore. You would have 3 offensive threats in Carlino, Duane, and Burton. I think that's all you need in the lineup. You have your glue guy in Juan and your big man. This would all depend on Burton. Maybe in January, we could depend on this lineup. I guess the question to ask is, could you depend on this lineup at the end of a close game to win it for you, when the pressure is on? I'd like to see it.

WindyCityGoldenEagle
12-08-2014, 11:57 AM
I think I already commented on this on Dodd's board but I prefer to discuss here anyways....My prediction was the first lineup Crisco stated: Wilson, Wilson, Carlino, Juan, Luke.

I think the biggest loser in all of this is Taylor as he will slowly see his minutes decrease as Luke becomes more and more increasingly involved in the lineup. The biggest benefactor...hmm, not sure from a playing time standpoint who benefits the most but talking who offensively benefits, I could see our guards benefiting. It's no secret that Taylor has struggled with bunnies this year. Now Carlino and the Wilsons may have a bigger target and potentially better finisher, to dish to off of penetration.

Nukem2
12-08-2014, 12:13 PM
I think I already commented on this on Dodd's board but I prefer to discuss here anyways....My prediction was the first lineup Crisco stated: Wilson, Wilson, Carlino, Juan, Luke.

I think the biggest loser in all of this is Taylor as he will slowly see his minutes decrease as Luke becomes more and more increasingly involved in the lineup. The biggest benefactor...hmm, not sure from a playing time standpoint who benefits the most but talking who offensively benefits, I could see our guards benefiting. It's no secret that Taylor has struggled with bunnies this year. Now Carlino and the Wilsons may have a bigger target and potentially better finisher, to dish to off of penetration.
I agree on that lineup. Think we will see a lot of 3 guard lineups with Luke, Juan, Steve and Deonte splitting the other minutes depending upon matchups, foul trouble, etc.

TheSultan
12-08-2014, 12:20 PM
I'm just glad that there will be options that can be trotted out when they are called for. We can be bigger. We can be smaller.

MUMac
12-08-2014, 12:24 PM
I guess I am not counting Taylor out as many seem to. A comparison someone made last week was appropriate to my thoghts on Taylor. Taylor is not a 5. Cannot play the 5 on offense. He can bang and rebound on D, but is still miscast. In a role where he spells Fischer, yes, but not as his primary role. The comparison that was made was comparing Taylor to Merritt. I think that is a good comparison. Scott was much better at the 4, but miscast at the 5 after Jackson left. Taylor may be a nice 4 to compliment Fischer. Just my 2 cents.

Mucrisco
12-08-2014, 12:29 PM
I guess I am not counting Taylor out as many seem to. A comparison someone made last week was appropriate to my thoghts on Taylor. Taylor is not a 5. Cannot play the 5 on offense. He can bang and rebound on D, but is still miscast. In a role where he spells Fischer, yes, but not as his primary role. The comparison that was made was comparing Taylor to Merritt. I think that is a good comparison. Scott was much better at the 4, but miscast at the 5 after Jackson left. Taylor may be a nice 4 to compliment Fischer. Just my 2 cents.

Those are good points and I agree with them. This lineup would look great too:

PG Carlino
Guard Duane Wilson
Guard Anderson
Forward Taylor
Center Fischer

That would depend on Carlino accepting the role of setting people up. Would he be able to give up the ball first? I don't care if he looks to score when he gets the ball back but guys do need touches on the ball.

Nukem2
12-08-2014, 12:32 PM
I guess I am not counting Taylor out as many seem to. A comparison someone made last week was appropriate to my thoghts on Taylor. Taylor is not a 5. Cannot play the 5 on offense. He can bang and rebound on D, but is still miscast. In a role where he spells Fischer, yes, but not as his primary role. The comparison that was made was comparing Taylor to Merritt. I think that is a good comparison. Scott was much better at the 4, but miscast at the 5 after Jackson left. Taylor may be a nice 4 to compliment Fischer. Just my 2 cents.I agree with that. As Sultan posted earlier here, Wojo will have the opportunity now to go big or go small or whatever. Steve should be more comfortable at the 4. The Merritt comparison is a good one, though Scott was certainly a different player than Steve.