PDA

View Full Version : What Pisses Me Off

Phantom Warrior
12-06-2014, 12:40 PM
The announcers keep praising UW's offense against the zone, but the Badgers scored 25 points in the half. Not one positive comment about MU's defense until the last minute of the half.

By the way, last week I talked about the 1-1-3 zone to take away the high post. It looks to me like we've playing 1-1-3 for the last several possessions of the half.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
12-06-2014, 02:14 PM
Wojo said after the game that they switched up the zone a few times. Defense was great today, rebounding and offense is what killed us.

Nukem2
12-06-2014, 03:33 PM
Wojo said after the game that they switched up the zone a few times. Defense was great today, rebounding and offense is what killed us.

Yup. That zone, and Hopefully Luke, will help win a lot of games this year. Guys played with a lot of passion in the zone. Weird seeing Derrick under the hoop. The zone does really hurt rebound though (along with Bucky's far superior height and length which made MU look really small - which, unfortunately, it is).

MUMac
12-06-2014, 03:52 PM
Yup. That zone, and Hopefully Luke, will help win a lot of games this year. Guys played with a lot of passion in the zone. Weird seeing Derrick under the hoop. The zone does really hurt rebound though (along with Bucky's far superior height and length which made MU look really small - which, unfortunately, it is).

The problem with MU rebounding in the zone is the guards need to outrebound a Decker, Kaminsky, Dukkan and Hayes. What bothered me was how many offensive rebounds Gasser got.

Nukem2
12-06-2014, 03:58 PM
The problem with MU rebounding in the zone is the guards need to outrebound a Decker, Kaminsky, Dukkan and Hayes. What bothered me was how many offensive rebounds Gasser got.

Yes, though rebounding in a zone is difficult enough without trying to best the skyscrapers. But, it would be nice to see some defensive rebounds from the guards.

Postscript: Jackson and Koenig had zero rebounds for UW. Not all one-sided.

Djgoldnboy
12-06-2014, 04:00 PM
Rebounding today was tough period as all the 3's put up lead to longer rebounds as well, so even the times when it seemed they had good position, the ball was coming off 5-6ft away from the rim.

Nukem2
12-06-2014, 04:04 PM
Rebounding today was tough period as all the 3's put up lead to longer rebounds as well, so even the times when it seemed they had good position, the ball was coming off 5-6ft away from the rim.
Yep, there were a few long rebounds going to UW that blunted good MU defense. Frustrating.

Mucrisco
12-06-2014, 05:04 PM
I think it was a 1-3-1 and when they were playing 2-3, they were matching up.