PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to Jimmy Butler

Markedman
12-03-2014, 06:57 PM
Comcast SportsNet ‏@CSNChicago 12m12 minutes ago
#Bulls' Jimmy Butler named Eastern Conference Player of the Month: http://bit.ly/1vOALAp (@markstrot) #BullsTalk

IWB
12-03-2014, 07:40 PM
averaged 22.0 points on 49 percent shooting, 5.9 rebounds, 3.4 assists and 1.4 steals in a league-high 39.8 minutes per game during the month, and also is third in the NBA with 8.8 free-throw attempts per game.

mufan2003
12-04-2014, 02:23 PM
Impressive too that it is for the month and not the week. Jabari Parker got rookie of the month. Maybe Jimmy should sign with Bucks in the offseason and have OJ Mayo come off the bench. Knight, Butler, Parker, Antetokounmpo and Sanders would be a nice looking lineup.

Goose85
12-04-2014, 03:17 PM
Impressive too that it is for the month and not the week. Jabari Parker got rookie of the month. Maybe Jimmy should sign with Bucks in the offseason and have OJ Mayo come off the bench. Knight, Butler, Parker, Antetokounmpo and Sanders would be a nice looking lineup.

Jimmy is making himself some money. I also think he and Wes are the type free agents Milwaukee is likely to be able to attract. We will never get the LeBron / CP3 / Love type players. The team that lands Jimmy B will likely overpay for his services, but I think with the new owners the Bucks that may be ok to do in Milwaukee.

IWB
12-04-2014, 04:42 PM
My guess is that the Bulls will give Jimmy some huge cash.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
12-04-2014, 05:04 PM

I think he's probably in line for a max deal from them. Though with already paying Rose crazy money, I'm not sure how much they can commit to Butler. I have to imagine Noah is also getting a tidy paycheck. Chicago is somewhat hamstrung by the Rose contract, at least until after the 2016 season, in case anyone is willing to take Derrick Rose's expiring contract (done in 2017).

TheSultan
12-04-2014, 05:31 PM
They were detailing this on the Score yesterday. NBA salary cap is going way up next year. They have room for a max contract for Jimmy.

mufan2003
12-04-2014, 07:55 PM

And Thibodeau LOVES Jimmy, so definitely can see that happening. Bucks seem set with Parker and Giannis at forwards, Kinight at PG and Sanders at C. SG would seem to be the starting position nedded to be upgraded, and Klay Thompson already signed a max deal in October. Either way, Jimmy is going to get paid.

dw3dw3dw3
12-05-2014, 10:36 AM
I'd love for the Bucks to put him on a max-offer sheet, if only to force Chicago's hand, I don't think they would with the Knight situation up in the air though. Somebody will give him the max offer sheet.