PDA

View Full Version : Inside Marquette Basketball

Markedman
12-01-2014, 02:16 PM
part 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2o_08ZhL5A&feature=youtu.be

MUBasketball
12-02-2014, 08:58 AM
Not to sound like an unappreciative ass, but that was a bit lame. Make it longer at least. Are they putting out a bunch like a few years ago?

TulsaWarrior
12-02-2014, 10:01 AM
It's designed for the modern attention span.

TheSultan
12-02-2014, 10:05 AM
IMO the problem isn't the length, but the content. Nothing terribly exciting but Wojo and players talking about tradition. Doesn't do much for me.

Nukem2
12-02-2014, 10:07 AM
Its fine. Just part of a package of YouTube clips on the program. Sure, one could expand it with videos of players and games from the past. But, the clip is really about the here and now. Not going to win any awards, but is ok.

MUMac
12-02-2014, 10:20 AM
Not sure that any of us are the target market for this, anyway, so complain away. I am guessing they are going to continue with this and the target, to me, is the parent/guardian &/or coach along with a recruit.

MUBasketball
12-02-2014, 11:15 AM
IMO the problem isn't the length, but the content. Nothing terribly exciting but Wojo and players talking about tradition. Doesn't do much for me.

Agree, that's what I meant. Very short, and nothing too insightful. If they are pumping out a bunch of these then there might be a few less interesting ones compared to the others. But if they are just putting out a few of these, they should each pack a good punch.

The ones from a few years back were almost all excellent, so I'm hopeful we get much of the same going forward.

TheSultan
12-02-2014, 11:24 AM
Agree, that's what I meant. Very short, and nothing too insightful. If they are pumping out a bunch of these then there might be a few less interesting ones compared to the others. But if they are just putting out a few of these, they should each pack a good punch.

The ones from a few years back were almost all excellent, so I'm hopeful we get much of the same going forward.

It very well could be the difference between what Buzz wanted to emphasize versus what Wojo wants. Having an assistant openly question Reggie Smith and his stubbornness made for great video, but may not be the image that Wojo wants out there in public.

MUwarrior1090
12-02-2014, 01:27 PM
Part 3 - Definitely my favorite so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYL345CskGo&feature=youtu.be

MUfan12
12-02-2014, 01:34 PM
Part 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYL345CskGo&feature=youtu.be

This is well worth the time. And the practice video shows the basis of their issues before Orlando.

dw3dw3dw3
12-02-2014, 01:34 PM
That was good. Very good. I can't remember the last time I sat through a 15 minute web video.

WindyCityGoldenEagle
12-02-2014, 02:12 PM
part 3 was outstanding

warriorfan4life
12-02-2014, 02:25 PM
Also loved that part of it, and agree with Mach that you could see the early season issues clear as day during that practice two days before UT-Martin. Since then, I believe that everyone in the program has made adjustments to help be more competitive this season. Hope that this group continues with their strong work ethic, and the more talented group a year from now also works incredibly hard (that work ethic did not exact translate fully between the midget team and the much more talented 2010-2011 that lost 15 games).

Nukem2
12-02-2014, 02:30 PM
Part 3 is well done.

jpvegas52
12-02-2014, 02:31 PM
Part 3 is best part yet, shows passion Wojo has for basketball and the team.

mufan2003
12-02-2014, 02:44 PM
Part 3 was phenomenal, very well done!

TulsaWarrior
12-02-2014, 04:03 PM
A nice window into the Marquette program under Coach Wojo.

unclejohn
12-02-2014, 09:20 PM
Very impressive. The ones done when Buzz was here were very impressive. I think both of them are great coaches. But I am most impressed with the company that puts these things together. They are just really well done.

IWB
12-03-2014, 09:09 AM
The company that puts these together is 3 Penny Films, owned by MU grad Bill Kraus.

Kraus went to Marquette High and Marquette U. After college he was working for a sports apparel company (Russell? Champion?) and someone asked him to leave and help build a new start up. Years later he retired from the startup with a huge chunk of cash. He has started two companies since, one being 3 Penny Films.

The startup? Under Armor.

I wish someone would ask me to be part of a start up like that.

GOMU1104
12-03-2014, 10:17 AM
The company that puts these together is 3 Penny Films, owned by MU grad Bill Kraus.

Kraus went to Marquette High and Marquette U. After college he was working for a sports apparel company (Russell? Champion?) and someone asked him to leave and help build a new start up. Years later he retired from the startup with a huge chunk of cash. He has started two companies since, one being 3 Penny Films.

The startup? Under Armor.

I wish someone would ask me to be part of a start up like that.

Bill also teaches at Georgtown in their Sports Management masters program. I had him for a teacher a few years ago. He told us some amazing stories about coming up through under armour.

I came in one night with my Marquette hoody on and we got to talking. Turns out he grew up in Tosa near Bluemound Golf Course. Crazy small world...

He also owns a BBQ restaurant in Maryland. Haven't made it up there yet.

IWB
12-03-2014, 10:48 AM
Yes, he went to Christ King grade school - high school class of '82.

The BBQ restraunt is the other business I referred to, don't know the details but they do some type of charity work with firemen or something like that.

GOMU1104
12-03-2014, 10:52 AM
Yes, he went to Christ King grade school - high school class of '82.

The BBQ restraunt is the other business I referred to, don't know the details but they do some type of charity work with firemen or something like that.

Its military-centric. I believe Bill's son is a marine.

Mucrisco
12-05-2014, 11:17 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCnPJD55dtg&feature=youtu.be

MUBasketball
12-05-2014, 11:23 AM
Crisco, check your messages.

Mucrisco
12-05-2014, 11:35 AM
Got it. Thanks.

dubs98
12-05-2014, 12:27 PM
That's awesome! Loved the team recognizing the significance of the win being wojos first and really celebrating together. Well done.

mufan2003
12-05-2014, 12:33 PM
After the game in the locker room, nice to see President Lovell there. He seems to be at every game and is very visible.

79warrior
12-05-2014, 08:33 PM
After the game in the locker room, nice to see President Lovell there. He seems to be at every game and is very visible.

Dr. Lovell gets it. He has developed a very good relationship with Wojo and is a huge supporter of the program. This will go a long way to help Wojo feel comfortable and that he has 100% support of the administration.