PDA

View Full Version : Fun reading material

Halo
11-27-2014, 12:58 PM
Some good stuff here. They better hope the Badgers go undefeated with the way these guys look at the Big East and MU. Not sure how they will handle a loss. Classiest fans in college basketball.

Can you imagine if MU somehow beats UW? Heads exploding. Be ready for Swenson's usual claim of MU going to ugly it up for the UW game. He's saying that about Georgetown. But when UW plays a low scoring game, it's great defense.

http://buckyville.yuku.com/topic/76479/Marquette-loses-to-Nebraska-Omaha?page=1#.VHdz6FfF8QQ

Markedman
11-27-2014, 02:25 PM
Well we have to take it this year.....Badgers probably have their best team ever and this is the worst MU team in many years........Swenson predicted that MU would be a "bottom feeder" when they joined the Big East........needless to say his bias made him look like a fool with that gem......

ESPN Stats & Info ‏@ESPNStatsInfo 5m5 minutes ago
The Big East is 5-1 vs non-conference ranked teams this season (4-15 last season). Georgetown faces No. 2 Wisconsin at 3:30 ET on ESPN.

CaribouJim
11-27-2014, 02:26 PM
Scout board is as equally off the charts arrogant and condescending.

Markedman
11-27-2014, 02:43 PM
I think Bilas has lost it...he just said Gasser has a really good chance to play in the NBA....

I'd take that bet Jay.....

CaribouJim
11-27-2014, 03:15 PM
I think Bilas has lost it...he just said Gasser has a really good chance to play in the NBA....

I'd take that bet Jay.....

...and "one of the toughest players in the NCAA". I like Jay overall, but he goes too much to those exaggerated qualitative statements.

G-Town has a nice blend of talent - would love for them to beat these guys.

DowntownSweeney
11-27-2014, 03:33 PM
Georgetown and UW are pretty even. I don't see UW as the second best team in the country. However this is their best team ever, and they are having their "moment".

It all ends next season when kaminsky, Jackson, gasser, dukan, and likely Dekker are gone.

I really want Georgetown to win this. UW players and Bo already in mid season whine form.

ValiantSailor
11-27-2014, 03:38 PM
Those who obsess over UW this year will have a very bad year. Try to find another hobby....

VS

Nukem2
11-27-2014, 03:39 PM
Those who obsess over UW this year will have a very bad year. Try to find another hobby....

VS
Yes, Bucky is good.

Markedman
11-27-2014, 04:32 PM
UW bench looks like the difference in the game....GT look like they ran out of gas after the late OT game last night

TedBaxter
11-27-2014, 07:36 PM
Glad Marquette isn't a rival.

Love the Mid-Major tag given to Marquette. Whatever. A down year or two doesn't relegate a team or conference to Mid-Major status. The tag given by posters who think they know more than they really do and guys who obsess and HATE Marquette.

Yes, the Badgers are very, very good.

Litehouse
11-28-2014, 08:20 AM
If there was ever a year to avoid reading their boards this is probably it. I usually get pretty worked up about this kind of stuff, but I've come to accept this is their year. Although the "mid-major" stuff is going to come back and bite them when we start winning again.

bergamont
11-28-2014, 08:54 AM
I agree litehouse. It helped my psychological condition once we landed HE. It's rare for a mid major to recruit a top ten player. I've now come to accept we will be fine even if UW wins the national championship. We can still recruit Wis players. That said, living in Madison it will be a difficult season to endure.

Markedman
11-28-2014, 01:30 PM
The only people in the country who think MU is a mid major are the hard core badger fans......

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaab/sagarin/2015/conference/

http://warrennolan.com/basketball/2015/conferencerpi

CaribouJim
11-28-2014, 02:24 PM
With the G-Town and Butler game technically a non-conference game, does the BE non-conference record go to 41-6 after the completion of the game or do they throw those games out? I would think the latter, but don't know.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
11-28-2014, 04:56 PM
It will go down as a win and a loss in non-conference. Last year we could have had a similar circumstance when we were in the same tourney as Creighton. Xavier was supposed to be in the Orlando Classic this year but changed tournaments to Anaheim.