PDA

View Full Version : 11.9 iupui

Tyrunner0097
11-19-2014, 09:24 PM
I think teams now know how to beat the Panthers: Just keep having them shoot FTs. Almost makes me think last year's shooting at the line was an anomaly...Actually, it probably was.

And as a friend of mine, a girl, said it best on Twitter: "The team that can make their free throws will always be the team that wins in a close game."

CR45
11-19-2014, 09:26 PM
Pretty sure most high school teams have a better free throw % than us, it's just sad.

Tyrunner0097
11-19-2014, 09:30 PM
And you know it's more mental then physical for them. These guys keep draining them with their eyes closed in practice...

BBF
11-21-2014, 12:00 PM
Blame this one on me. I was the guest coach, and I was in charge of free throw shooting. They give a guy one lousy job and see what happens?:rolleyes:

These games are obviously much too small a sample size to predict how our FT shooting will be over the course of a season, but it's worth noting that compared to last year we did not have Jordan Aaron, Austin Arians or (effectively) Matt Tiby playing. Basically the three most reliable guys from the line we had. Assuming AA doesn't play, it's reasonable to expect that FT shooting will continue to be a challenge this year.

CR45
11-21-2014, 12:47 PM
Blame this one on me. I was the guest coach, and I was in charge of free throw shooting. They give a guy one lousy job and see what happens?:rolleyes:

These games are obviously much too small a sample size to predict how our FT shooting will be over the course of a season, but it's worth noting that compared to last year we did not have Jordan Aaron, Austin Arians or (effectively) Matt Tiby playing. Basically the three most reliable guys from the line we had. Assuming AA doesn't play, it's reasonable to expect that FT shooting will continue to be a challenge this year.

http://mkepanthers.com/news/2014/11/21/MBB_1121142816.aspx
Well looks like they are gonna have to get use to playing without Austin Arians

Jimmy Lemke
11-21-2014, 02:30 PM
Still the best move. New post on PantherU with my take on it.

That game was winnable with or without Austin. Let's win tonight at OSU.