PDA

View Full Version : Someone Explain This One To Me

TedBaxter
11-16-2014, 12:06 PM
http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basketball/story/2014-11-16/tashawn-thomas-oklahoma-sooners-transfer-cleared-to-play

I haven't looked into it other than Thomas left Houston after last year and is eligible right away without having to sit out the usually required transfer year even though he's not a graduate transfer. And they wouldn't let Dukan suit up?

TheSultan
11-16-2014, 12:11 PM
I guess they used the basis that the coach that recruited him to Houston was fired.

IWB
11-16-2014, 12:24 PM
Yes but in the case of Drew Windler, the NCAA didn't care that the coach was gone and the new coach didn't want him.

NCAA flip flops so often it makes me sick.

MU Viking
11-16-2014, 04:53 PM
Yes, the thought was that because of Dickey getting fired, they may allow Thomas to be immediate eligibility. I'm not sure other differences other than that. The irony, of course, is that Kelvin Sampson, who left OU for Indiana and who OU folks are still bitter about losing, is the coach that Houston hired after firing Dickey. Not exactly an even trade, but some payback for Oklahoma having to release Scottie Reynolds and Damion James from letters of intent when Sampson left for Indiana.

I saw a tweet the other day by Fran Fraschilla that if Tashawn Thomas gets eligible, the Sooners are a top 10-level team. If he is not, they are top 25. This is a big deal in the Big 12.