PDA

View Full Version : Starters

TedBaxter
11-14-2014, 08:20 PM
Anderson, Taylor, Cohen, Johnson and Carlino according to the JS writer.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
11-14-2014, 08:51 PM
I don't think Wojo even knows who he wants to play at this point, subs are coming fast and furious... That said, Dawson seems to be the odd man out right now.

IWB
11-14-2014, 08:58 PM
Sorry - was late for game due to kid's games. Interesting lineup to say the least. MU having a hard time rebounding when either Steve or Juan take a break. Fischer can't get here soon enough!

IWB
11-14-2014, 09:02 PM
At the 7:52 mark UT Martin has 10 points in the paint and 9 2nd chance points - MU needs to do better on the defensive glass!

dubs98
11-14-2014, 09:02 PM
they mentioned that derrick has had knee issues all week, so maybe that is why he was out of the starting line-up. I do like the squad that started however. I really like carlino running the show. a danger with the ball, yet controls it and finds open teammates.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
11-14-2014, 09:40 PM
Jajuan & Deonte are such bright talents. They will be fun to watch the next three years.

IWB
11-14-2014, 09:44 PM
Jujuan Johnson looks like a different guy. Playing with emotion which is something he never did last year. Juan showing a lot of emotion too, really taking a huge senior step up.
One other thing that I think is critical to this team is that Duane Wilson has gained some confidence. Something he never had last year, even if he's in a back up role, he is a lot more aggressive this year.

While nothing is perfect and MU needs a lot of help in the middle, I think this team may surprise us a bit this year.

IWB
11-14-2014, 09:52 PM
I was about to make some negative comments about Steve Taylor and he scores on consecutive trips. Maybe I'll just keep quiet.

IWB
11-14-2014, 10:03 PM
Jujuan Johnson really turning it on. Didn't have this fire last season, or even last week for that matter, but sure has come to play tonight.

IWB
11-14-2014, 10:05 PM
MU still down 26-20 on the rebounding battle, but 15 assists on 20 made shots? WOW! Make that 16 on 21...

IWB
11-14-2014, 10:06 PM
I don't know if the players are as fired up as Wojo is - great to see that fire.

IWB
11-14-2014, 10:10 PM
John Dawson with only 4 minutes in the game, not a lot of PT. Derrick Wilson has been injured most of the week - played 13 minutes in first half and hasn't taken the sweats off in the second half.

IWB
11-14-2014, 10:13 PM
Wojo's attitude has changed - has become a little Irritated with the team. Carlino's T was warranted, the foul that led to the T was not.

IWB
11-14-2014, 10:15 PM
Rebounding stats - UT-Martin up 31-22, and that is with both bigs in foul trouble. UT-Martin has 11, yes ELEVEN offensive rebounds - WAY too many!

Mark Miller
11-14-2014, 10:15 PM
Bit sloppy at times, but hustle and energy are both very good.

IWB
11-14-2014, 10:26 PM
Refs are really clamping down on the hand checking this year - Carlino, Duane Wilson & Cohen all with 4 fouls.

dubs98
11-14-2014, 10:28 PM
not to mention, finally seeing some good shooting from beyond the arc. that is refreshing. rebounding is going to be a struggle until at least fischer plays if not all year. I almost would like to see the old Tom Crean style of having our limited bigs turn and face the bigs on the other side to clear them out and let our guards do the rebounding. jjj's length, duane wilsons hops, derrick wilsons strength, etc would allow them to rebound well if we could clear out the bigs on the other side.

ValiantSailor
11-14-2014, 10:29 PM
Cohen lighting it up!

VS

dubs98
11-14-2014, 10:37 PM
not great, but not too shabby. we got some parts we can work with this year. not our smallest team ever (lazar & jimmy manning the front line), but not far from it. It is definitely encouraging to see them shoot the ball with confidence and to see a few of the young guys have a nice game. For a freshman, I have been really impressed with Sandy. Very pure stroke and plays with in himself. He will be a nice complimentary player this year.

11-14-2014, 11:17 PM
Good start, a little better than I'd have guessed. Feel even more like making the Orlando classic final is possible.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
11-14-2014, 11:44 PM
I just hope they can keep it close against OSU... would be a nice confidence builder

Goose85
11-15-2014, 01:54 AM
A couple observations.
Derrick started the game on the exercise bike wit a heavy wrap on the right leg / knee.
Carling did not show 5 year senior leadership.
Burton showed he can hit the three in more than just pro am games.
Juan's confidence is fun to see, what a difference.
Wojo will sit Taylor for trying and missing 3's.
We are very athletic which will be fu to watch.
We need to get stronger going to the hoop.

Fun game to watch.

Nukem2
11-15-2014, 08:09 AM
A couple observations.
Derrick started the game on the exercise bike wit a heavy wrap on the right leg / knee.
Carling did not show 5 year senior leadership.
Burton showed he can hit the three in more than just pro am games.
Juan's confidence is fun to see, what a difference.
Wojo will sit Taylor for trying and missing 3's.
We are very athletic which will be fu to watch.
We need to get stronger going to the hoop.

Fun game to watch.
We need to rebound. Geez, this is a small team.

79warrior
11-15-2014, 01:32 PM
We need to rebound. Geez, this is a small team.

In all fairness, it is not an easy task for a small team to rebound. Tuesday night @OSU will be very interesting.

Nukem2
11-15-2014, 01:36 PM
In all fairness, it is not an easy task for a small team to rebound. Tuesday night @OSU will be very interesting.
That's what I said. We are small. The game @tOSU is going to be really difficult from a rebounding standpoint. Steve needs to stay out of foul trouble and play 30+ minutes.

11-15-2014, 04:10 PM
Quite a few seem to think the Ohio State game could be interesting. I hope that's the case. When you look at the size disparity and how we did on the boards against UTM, I'm afraid brutal might be a more appropriate word. Come Tuesday, we could look like the cupcake.