PDA

View Full Version : Honeymoon Just About Over

Nukem2
11-13-2014, 10:56 AM
The games start for real tomorrow night and Wojo starts to build his legacy, whatever that might be. Given the roster situation, he will get a long rope in terms of evaluation this season. Going to be a very interesting season. Hope all goes well. Lets Go Warriors ( including Rice Lake ).... :D

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
11-13-2014, 11:36 AM
I think no matter what happens this year he will be given a pass, but given what he has coming in next year and the returning guys the real expectations will be next season. For this season I really just want to see improvement from beginning to end, I don't anticipate being a tournament team, but would be nice to see them make the NIT and win a few games.

Goose85
11-13-2014, 12:25 PM
Thinking about the conference season, when barring injury we should have our full compliment of players, what should we consider a good season?

Who in the conference do we look at and think that is two losses other than Villanova? Maybe Xavier or Georgetown?

Do we look at DePaul, Creighton and Butler and think we should have a good chance to win two?

I know we are picked by most to finish 7th, but I don't look at Seton Hall, Prov, and St. John's and think they are better (St. John's seems to always have untapped potential).

I think if this group figures out how to play team defense, and can hit a few 3 pointers, a better than .500 record is possible. To do we may need an opening game road win at DePaul on New Year's eve.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
11-13-2014, 01:17 PM
I really don't know what to expect. Looking at the non-conference, I think 9-3 is probably the best case scenario. I just can't see any way we beat Ohio State, Wisconsin, or win all three in Orlando (though I do think we can win two down there). Worst case, we lose to OSU, UW, go 1-2 in Orlando, lose to ASU, and lose to a cupcake or two. UTM & Omaha may very well be capable of upsets, which would certainly change people's tunes pretty quick. 6-6 or 5-7 in the non-con would be rough but not at all impossible.

Conference season is tough to say. Villanova is the clear favorite & Xavier should be good, but everyone else is a bit of a mystery. DePaul, Creighton, Butler, & Seton Hall seem like teams we could finish ahead of if this team comes together. Georgetown lost their best player off a team that went 8-10 in league last year, Providence lost three of their top 5 scorers, & St. John's is always a mystery, talented but usually underachievers.

Of course, we lost 4 of our top 5 scorers, so you can poke holes in anyone. I'm entering this season with zero expectations. I could see us going 10-22, I could see us going 21-11 & sneaking into the tournament. At the end of the year, all I want is to see legitimate progress & some signs that come next year, we can capitalize on the addition of Ellenson. Really, I just want the season to start, because I truly feel like I'm running out of things to talk about on here :D

MinnesotaJeb
11-13-2014, 01:36 PM
Visiting Creighton these days and read this in the morning World-Herald:

http://www.omaha.com/creighton/jays-receive-added-bonus-on-signing-day/article_571f23eb-0825-551f-9516-17dca276ee01.html

It looks as though McDermott not only can coach but also recruit, and that the BlueJays may continue to be a formidable opponent.

Having wanted a home and home with MU for decades, the people around CU let me know they already see us as their big rivals in the Big East.

realchiliwarrior
11-13-2014, 06:02 PM
from the Omaha.com link:

Krampelj said he was just starting to get recruiting interest from a number of schools, including offers from West Virginia, Rhode Island and Virginia Tech. But Creighton really impressed me,’’ he said, “so I decided to join them.’’

I guess the young man didn't concern himself with the ACC "Buzz".

2012Warrior
11-13-2014, 09:07 PM
The honeymoon ends when Henry steps on the court IMO. As long as there aren't any negative news stories about the program, I don't see anyone being too hard on Wojo. The roster has talent, but very inexperienced talent.