PDA

View Full Version : Seth Davis Hoop Thoughts: Ten burning questions as the season begins...

CaribouJim
11-10-2014, 02:02 PM
http://www.si.com/college-basketball/2014/11/10/burning-questions-kentucky-indiana-acc

Check out #9:

"By my lights, however, the guy most worth watching is the one who preceded Wojciechowski at Marquette. Frankly, I never bought into Buzz Williams’ logic that he left Marquette because Virginia Tech is a better job. Marquette is arguably the best job in the Big East, and Virginia Tech is one of the worst in the ACC. Still, there is no doubt that Williams is a terrific coach, and he is a force of nature. It will take him a few years to get his type of players – diamonds in the rough, tough-minded jucos – and mold them to fit his distinct personality. When that happens, we’ll know whether he made the right move."

Some other shout outs to Wojo and Carlino.

Markedman
11-10-2014, 05:36 PM
I don't recall Buzz ever saying that VT was a better job then Marquette. Maybe I missed it? What I remember was the ACC being a better conference then the Big East that was the major factor Buzz tried to sell as his reason for leaving...even though everybody knows there was more to it then that.

The Reptile
11-10-2014, 06:30 PM
The media template is that coaches only move on to better jobs, not worse ones. This is an outlier by their thought process.

TheSultan
11-10-2014, 07:05 PM
I don't recall Buzz ever saying that VT was a better job then Marquette. Maybe I missed it? What I remember was the ACC being a better conference then the Big East that was the major factor Buzz tried to sell as his reason for leaving...even though everybody knows there was more to it then that.

The implication was that Va Tech was potentially better...and Marquette was potentially worse.