PDA

View Full Version : Dress Rehearsal Tommorow

Nukem2
11-07-2014, 04:58 PM
We get to see Wojo's Warriors play an opponent for the first time Saturday. Not a great opponent, but will be interesting to see the lineup and rotations that Wojo will start out with. Time for the games to start.... :D

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
11-07-2014, 05:31 PM
Tomorrows game is one of those games where if we win big it doesn't mean much, and if we lose everyone will be on the edge of the cliff... Unfortunately I don't know how much we will find out about the team, but it is good to know basketball is back!

Nukem2
11-07-2014, 09:05 PM
Tomorrows game is one of those games where if we win big it doesn't mean much, and if we lose everyone will be on the edge of the cliff... Unfortunately I don't know how much we will find out about the team, but it is good to know basketball is back!
If we lose, we will be well over the cliff. As I posted, the rotations are the interesting part of this game along with giving Wojo and staff an into to the BC.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
11-08-2014, 12:54 AM
If we lose, we will be well over the cliff. As I posted, the rotations are the interesting part of this game along with giving Wojo and staff an into to the BC.

It definitely has value for the team, but even rotations will be very different than they will be later in the year.

Nukem2
11-08-2014, 07:57 AM
It definitely has value for the team, but even rotations will be very different than they will be later in the year.
Gotta start someplace. With the small/smallish roster and allowing for Luke's return, not so sure about that unless the seniors fail to produce or be effective.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
11-08-2014, 08:07 AM
I'm looking forward to it, just to acknowledge college basketball is really back. That said, my lowest expectations for a Marquette team since I arrived on campus in 1999 have me less excited for an exhibition. I'm far more excited for next week when we can actually put a notch in the win column.

Mucrisco
11-08-2014, 08:47 AM
I'm excited for it. I'll be able to see what type of offense and defense we will be running. I'm sure it will be Duke's stuff, but it will be nice to see them do it.

MU/Panther
11-08-2014, 09:14 AM
Looking forward to see who has improved on their jump shot.

AlexJesswein
11-08-2014, 09:57 AM
I look forward to over-analyzing every single aspect of this game and drawing season-long conclusions based on the 40 minutes of game time

Nukem2
11-08-2014, 10:01 AM
I look forward to over-analyzing every single aspect of this game and drawing season-long conclusions based on the 40 minutes of game time
Your obvious sarcasm aside, no one will be drawing any significant conclusions from this exhibition. Some hints as to where Wojo may be thinking or leaning or style, yes. Otherwise, just anxious to get the show on the road. :)

GOMU1104
11-08-2014, 10:04 AM

This.

These early games mean precious little, in terms of everything.

Basketball is back, which is exciting. But beyond that...not much value.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
11-08-2014, 10:04 AM
Your obvious sarcasm aside, no one will be drawing any significant conclusions from this exhibition. Some hints as to where Wojo may be thinking or leaning or style, yes. Otherwise, just anxious to get the show on the road. :)

You won't be, but Id bet someone on this board will draw some season long conclusions... Happens every year.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
11-08-2014, 10:05 AM
This.

Basketball is back, which is exciting. But beyond that...not much value.

Bingo!!!

Nukem2
11-08-2014, 10:11 AM
This.

Basketball is back, which is exciting. But beyond that...not much value.I would usually agree with that. The difference this year is that Wojo has never coached a game as HC and has never coached in the BC. So this exhibition is a dry run for Wojo and his staff to get acclimated to the surroundings. Suspect there will be 2 closed scrimmages next year with no exhibition game.

11-08-2014, 10:20 AM
You won't be, but Id bet someone on this board will draw some season long conclusions... Happens every year.

We got season-long conclusions drawn based on the Madness & Haunted Hoops scrimmages. Of COURSE people will read way too much into every nuance of today's game :D

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
11-08-2014, 10:42 AM
I would usually agree with that. The difference this year is that Wojo has never coached a game as HC and has never coached in the BC. So this exhibition is a dry run for Wojo and his staff to get acclimated to the surroundings. Suspect there will be 2 closed scrimmages next year with no exhibition game.

That would really surprise me, Wojo even said at Duke they never did closed scrimmages.

11-08-2014, 11:06 AM
It will probably depend on how well the Virginia scrimmage went. If Wojo felt it was a good experience, it wouldn't surprise me to see those expanded upon in the future. If not, then exhibitions can serve as a good rah-rah point as you pummel a weaker team & sell some tickets.