PDA

View Full Version : Did Wesley guard LBJ last night...

CaribouJim
11-05-2014, 09:40 AM
...and if he did, he did a darn good job!

http://www.si.com/game/6532086/box-score

MUfan12
11-05-2014, 10:47 AM
Sounds like it was Wes and Batum.

Great start to the season for Wes and Jimmy. Scoring around 20 per game, hitting the glass, and usually guarding the other team's best player.

warriorfan4life
11-05-2014, 11:04 AM
If Wesley's heart issues are fine, he should cash in big this offseason. His ability to defend and hit the perimeter shot is very valuable. Just for team fit, I would not mind if the Bulls actually swapped Jimmy for Wes, just because Matthews is a significantly better perimeter shooter (at least for now). It looks like Jimmy has improved his overall game in the offseason, and may become a reliable scorer to go along with his ability to defend multiple positions. Still, I think the national perception of Jimmy may be a tad too favorable, while I believe Matthews to be terribly underrated (and surprised that Matthews has never been considered for the U.S. national team because of his skills and attitude).

MayorBeluga
11-05-2014, 11:18 AM
Eh. Lyndon Johnson has lost a step since he left the presidency.

CaribouJim
11-05-2014, 11:24 AM
Eh. Lyndon Johnson has lost a step since he left the presidency.

...and those sagging earlobes of his don't help either.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
11-05-2014, 12:05 PM
If both Wes and Jimmy can sustain this pace they will both get HUGE contracts in the offseason... That said, it's a long grind and a lot can happen, let's talk after the all star break.

CaribouJim
11-05-2014, 12:08 PM
If both Wes and Jimmy can sustain this pace they will both get HUGE contracts in the offseason... That said, it's a long grind and a lot can happen, let's talk after the all star break.

Jimmy is talking that he wants to stay with the Bulls, which I hope he does, but depending on cap space etc. that is not a certainty. Wesley could hit pay dirt for the second time.

mufan2003
11-05-2014, 02:51 PM
I do not have a Twitter account, but am all for #BullsBlazersFinals :cool:

DCwarrior
11-05-2014, 03:10 PM
The Bucks should have enough cap space available to sign Wesley next year if both team/player are amenable. The Bucks need a 2-guard who can play D and hit an outside shot and Wes may want to move closer to home. Seems like it could be a good fit. Mayo will have an expiring contract after this year and should be relatively easy to trade if they want.

MUfan12
11-05-2014, 03:16 PM
The Bucks should have enough cap space available to sign Wesley next year if both team/player are amenable. The Bucks need a 2-guard who can play D and hit an outside shot and Wes may want to move closer to home.

While I would absolutely love that, I think they see Middleton as that guy. And he's younger and cheaper.