PDA

View Full Version : Scrimmage

MU/Panther
10-24-2014, 08:18 AM
Scrimmage tonight! Free to the public at 7pm at the Al.

farmerdoc
10-24-2014, 09:26 AM
For those of us who cannot attend, please someone give us a good run down?!?

MU/Panther
10-24-2014, 12:50 PM
It should be fun in how Wojo set's the format of the game. Last year, I thought it was the USA vs USSR in 1980 with Buzz.

Nukem2
10-24-2014, 12:59 PM
It should be fun in how Wojo set's the format of the game. Last year, I thought it was the USA vs USSR in 1980 with Buzz.Last year was a harbinger of things to come with sloppy guard play and tons of timeouts for the coaches to point out things that were going wrong. As you suggest, there was a lot of rough interior play in last year's scrimmage. That's not going to happen tonight with this smallish team.

MU/Panther
10-24-2014, 02:30 PM
I was more getiing at Buzz running the play with 3.1 left on the clock. They kept ruuning the play until they kind'va got it right.

Markedman
10-24-2014, 06:17 PM
No Derrick tonight...strained groan...day to day

MU/Panther
10-24-2014, 08:57 PM
Short scrimmage. 8 minute half and a 6 minute half. Ended with 1:30 left after Cohen fell hard with his neck to the basket stand. Got up and made both free-throws.

Duane Wilson looked much move smooth.

Burton played much better in the paint. Not to sure i want him putting up three's.

Wally plays with tons of energy. Too bad he can't play this year.

Carlino had many nice passes.

Anderson looks move comfortable out on the court.

Dawson struggled passing with pressure on him.

Johnson doesn't look like he every runs.

Luke will make a big difference to this team on Dec. 16!

Taylor was so-so.

Cohen is good on the dribble. Struggled getting rid if the ball with a man on him.

Markedman
10-24-2014, 09:04 PM
It was ugly......

MU/Panther
10-24-2014, 09:14 PM
I thought there was better flow than what was played at madness.

TheSultan
10-24-2014, 09:47 PM
Johnson doesn't look like he every runs.

What does this mean? He is out of shape? Or just moves so smoothly?

MU/Panther
10-24-2014, 09:59 PM
What does this mean? He is out of shape? Or just moves so smoothly?He doesn't hustle. He plays lazy. Doesn't know how to move without the ball. Doesn't run back on defense.

TheSultan
10-25-2014, 07:02 AM
He doesn't hustle. He plays lazy. Doesn't know how to move without the ball. Doesn't run back on defense.

I thought he had the same problem last year and that is why he didn't play more. Just floated on the outside.

Goose85
10-27-2014, 08:46 AM
Short scrimmage. 8 minute half and a 6 minute half. Ended with 1:30 left after Cohen fell hard with his neck to the basket stand. Got up and made both free-throws.

Duane Wilson looked much move smooth.

Anderson looks move comfortable out on the court.

A couple of key points here. I really think Juan will be a key for this team. He never seemed comfortable on the floor, but hustled all the time. He has some offensive game that never really showed with Buzz. I am glad he looked comfortable, as we need his leadership, defense, hustle and some more offense.

Glad DuWilson looked more smooth, as we need him to be able to play at the point (more minutes than DeWilson).

MU/Panther
10-27-2014, 01:06 PM
It might be a better with Carlino at the point and DuWilson at the 2.