PDA

View Full Version : Thank-you Bill Cords

jpvegas52
10-17-2014, 09:24 PM
I just want to say thank-you and good luck to Bill Cords on his retirement. Marquette was very lucky to have someone of his caliber to come in and steady the program when it was needed. He hired Tom Crean and now Wojo. I shudder to think of what would have happened if he wasn't available and didn't have the love for Marquette that he has. Best of luck in a well deserved retirement.

Nukem2
10-17-2014, 09:27 PM
I just want to say thank-you and good luck to Bill Cords on his retirement. Marquette was very lucky to have someone of his caliber to come in and steady the program when it was needed. He hired Tom Crean and now Wojo. I shudder to think of what would have happened if he wasn't available and didn't have the love for Marquette that he has. Best of luck in a well deserved retirement.
That's back to retirement... :)

Mark Miller
10-17-2014, 09:34 PM
Thanks Mr. Cords for a great hire in Steve Wojciechowski and his entire staff.

MU/Panther
10-17-2014, 09:53 PM
Cords also had to make hires in the golden age of volleyball and women's basketball.

Phantom Warrior
10-17-2014, 10:18 PM
And women's soccer - Markus Roeders. Outside of Al, he may have the best winning percentage of any coach in any sport at MU. I have no stats to back that up, just a suspicion. He is also a very, very, very nice guy.

warriorfan4life
10-18-2014, 12:10 AM
Bill Cords and Fr. Wild helped steady a sinking ship that needed to be steadied quickly and decisively. Thanks to their gracious work in coming out to retirement to serve Marquette one final time, things look very optimistic on all fronts of the university. I hope that a couple of future building projects on campus bear the names of Fr. Wild and Bill Cords (the next major athletics facility) much like the Raynor Library.

TulsaWarrior
10-18-2014, 07:52 AM
Thank you Bill Cords and Father Wild you saved the university. Some "pure academics" tic would challenge that but without Wild and Cords the financial status and national image of the school would have suffered. Cuts during the height of the recession would have been deeper and some of those critic profs would have been a lot less well off. Cords had the guts to make some tough decisions over the years and the ability to build and comeback and rebuild the athletic program. Father Wild has a personality that allows him to connect with students, staff, most faculty and donors. Without his timely return to Marquette -- God only knows what would have happened during one of the most challenging transition in school history. When we talk about Marquette's best team ever Wild and Cords need to be at the top of the list.