PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Butler with the Game Winner!!

mufan2003
10-17-2014, 12:32 AM
It's just preseason, but Jimmy put up 29 points and the game winning 3 at the buzzer:

http://www.csnchicago.com/bulls/watch-jimmy-butler-hits-game-winning-three-time-expires

http://www.csnchicago.com/bulls/bulls-confidence-grows-so-too-does-jimmy-butlers-game

KMWTRUCKS
10-17-2014, 09:04 AM
If butler can continue his strong Preseason shooting, to go with his D, rebounding, and the fact that he gets to the FT line. He is going to get Paid!! Before the season I was thinking he might be about mid level exception money. 5 year 30 million. But my guess is that he is probably looking more like 5 X 40 million.

CaribouJim
10-17-2014, 09:19 AM
He was on fire last night - 20 or thereabouts in the 4th. Just an exhibition game, but to Thibs, every game is like the 7th game of the finals.

His "O" was off big time last year. So far so good this year - has lead them in scoring at least 3 times I think. If he gets up to 17-18 points a game this year and be a decent threat from the outside he can be an X factor for the Bulls besides the health of Rose.

dw3dw3dw3
10-17-2014, 02:36 PM
He can only be extended 4 years. The Bulls already designated Derrick Rose as their lone rookie to get a 5 year deal (Derrick Rose Rule). He can get up to 25% of the teams salary cap for those 4 years. I'm not sure if it takes future salary cap years into consideration, but if were just this year, he'd be eligible for a 4 year $64 million dollar extension. While I can't see anything close to that, I'd be surprised if he signs for less than 10 million per year with his potential for this year off the charts. Many people believe with a decent offensive year to go with his all-nba defense, he would get a max offer in restricted free-agency after the season. Remember Gordon Hayward and Parsons each got about $15 mil a season hitting RFA. Klay Thompson has been offered 13 million already, but his camp wants 15 million in this negotiation period.

TheSultan
10-17-2014, 04:07 PM
He was on fire last night - 20 or thereabouts in the 4th. Just an exhibition game, but to Thibs, every game is like the 7th game of the finals.

Which is why he was playing Jimmy, Noah, Gasol and Hinrich on the floor against the Hawks' scrubs.

CaribouJim
10-17-2014, 06:42 PM
Which is why he was playing Jimmy, Noah, Gasol and Hinrich on the floor against the Hawks' scrubs.

He is intense that is for sure. Most of the criticism about him comes from his almost inability to take his foot off the gas - I share that, but overall I like him. He is respected throughout the league though.

CaribouJim
10-17-2014, 06:50 PM
He can only be extended 4 years. The Bulls already designated Derrick Rose as their lone rookie to get a 5 year deal (Derrick Rose Rule). He can get up to 25% of the teams salary cap for those 4 years. I'm not sure if it takes future salary cap years into consideration, but if were just this year, he'd be eligible for a 4 year $64 million dollar extension. While I can't see anything close to that, I'd be surprised if he signs for less than 10 million per year with his potential for this year off the charts. Many people believe with a decent offensive year to go with his all-nba defense, he would get a max offer in restricted free-agency after the season. Remember Gordon Hayward and Parsons each got about $15 mil a season hitting RFA. Klay Thompson has been offered 13 million already, but his camp wants 15 million in this negotiation period.

Jimmy B's contract has been talked about a lot over the last couple weeks on 670 the Score - the thinking is he is in the position to get overpaid which is good!

That would make 4 MU guys making some good NBA dough and 3 in SI's Top 100 players. Wesley made a huge jump - not in the rankings last year. Ironically, Jimmy B. almost dropped out of the Top 100.

http://www.si.com/nba/2014/top-100-nba-players-2015-list

mufan2003
10-17-2014, 11:19 PM
If you polled the 30 GMs in the NBA on the top 5 coaches in the NBA. I would put money on Thibs being in the Top 5. (Coming from someone who will only cheer for the Bulls because of Jimmy Butler)