PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday to...

The Reptile
10-16-2014, 08:21 AM
The IWB - that is unless he lied in his LinkedIn profile. Anyway, IWB, thank you for this playground. It's been a lot of fun and for the most part a place for respectable discussion about Marquette basketball. Enjoy your day.

And if I'm not mistaken, it's Viking's birthday too. Happy Birthday Viking!

Gato78
10-16-2014, 08:37 AM
And it is the Feast of St. Hedwig, of course!

CaribouJim
10-16-2014, 08:47 AM
...and the irony of all ironies is that today is Angela Lansbury's birthday today as well!!!!

Happy B-Day Jim (and Angela)!

Mark Miller
10-16-2014, 09:02 AM
Have a great day Jim and MU Viking.

Goose85
10-16-2014, 09:03 AM
Happy B-Day IWB and MUVike. Try not to think about Angela Lansbury too much today, leave that up to Caribou.

IWB
10-16-2014, 09:07 AM
Happy St. Hedwig's day to MU Vike as well!

Thanks guys, but Caribou, you had to throw Angela Lansbury in my face? Don't get me wrong, I dig the older stuff like Betty White, but Angela Lansbury is one of my most hated actor/actresses of all time. Murder She Wrote? Seriously? Why did people watch a show where someone's grandma was running around solving murders? When you are watching a murder mystery you want to see some hot action, like Jennifer Powers, Stephanie Zimblast or Charlie's Angels.... You shouldn't have to live in fear that a gust of wind might come across the set raising Lansbury's house coat high enough to expose her knee highs.

Then there's the movie where she sings Bipity Bopity Boo? Who in God's name thought it would be a good idea to have this woman sing?

Thanks Caribou, you took what started out as a great day and got me all worked up and Irritated. I know it's wrong to hit a woman, but I think the only thing that could turn this day around for me now would be to take a full round house swing at Lansbury. I can see it now, connecting in a way that the dentures fly right out and shatter against the wall raining fake chicklets everywhere? Now THAT would be a birthday gift!

TheSultan
10-16-2014, 09:09 AM
So much hate.

TedBaxter
10-16-2014, 09:18 AM
Dissin on the Disney stuff too.

TheSultan
10-16-2014, 09:25 AM
He probably hates apple pie and hot dogs too.

CaribouJim
10-16-2014, 09:26 AM
Happy St. Hedwig's day to MU Vike as well!

Thanks guys, but Caribou, you had to throw Angela Lansbury in my face? Don't get me wrong, I dig the older stuff like Betty White, but Angela Lansbury is one of my most hated actor/actresses of all time. Murder She Wrote? Seriously? Why did people watch a show where someone's grandma was running around solving murders? When you are watching a murder mystery you want to see some hot action, like Jennifer Powers, Stephanie Zimblast or Charlie's Angels.... You shouldn't have to live in fear that a gust of wind might come across the set raising Lansbury's house coat high enough to expose her knee highs.

Then there's the movie where she sings Bipity Bopity Boo? Who in God's name thought it would be a good idea to have this woman sing?

Thanks Caribou, you took what started out as a great day and got me all worked up and Irritated. I know it's wrong to hit a woman, but I think the only thing that could turn this day around for me now would be to take a full round house swing at Lansbury. I can see it now, connecting in a way that the dentures fly right out and shatter against the wall raining fake chicklets everywhere? Now THAT would be a birthday gift!

You're welcome Jim! From this day forward I can't think of one without thinking of the other - IWB and Angela - two seeds in a pod!

It's Chicago native Stephanie Powers (and her huge hair) by the way.

Belated Happy B-Day to Vike as well!

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
10-16-2014, 09:34 AM
If it helps any, Jim, Suzanne Somers was also born on this date ;)

Happy birthday, buddy!

Nukem2
10-16-2014, 09:35 AM
Happy B-Day, guys...!

IWB
10-16-2014, 09:36 AM
Thought it was Stephanie Powers - mixed up her name as she was "Jennifer" on "Hart to Hart".

Love hot dogs, Apple pie, just not Lansbury

warriorfan4life
10-16-2014, 09:51 AM
Happy Birthday Jim and thanks for running an amazing board. And happy birthday Vike, and do you have any remaining eligibility left for first semester? We could use your height and five fouls down low.

Phantom Warrior
10-16-2014, 10:06 AM
Happy birthday to both IWB and Viking.

And IWB, thanks for this incredible sanctum sanctorum of sites. As the world continues to dive into deeper and deeper levels of insanity (ebola, ISIS, etc.), it has allowed me to maintain at least a modicum of sanity (or at least the illusion of sanity) and hours upon hours of much-needed escape from the depressing ills that surround us.

By the way, to get your mind off Angela Lansbury, you might try Person of Interest if you have not already seen it. "Miss Shaw" is the antithesis of "Jessica Fletcher."

ge1974
10-16-2014, 10:14 AM
Happy Birthday to both of you guys!

MUMac
10-16-2014, 10:33 AM
So much hate.

"It's my party and I'll cry if I want to."

Happy B-day too all (including Angela). IWB thanks for your work and Vike, thanks for your contributions to making this a great board!

Markedman
10-16-2014, 10:40 AM
Happy Birthday guys….Jim you look pretty good for 60….

IWB
10-16-2014, 10:51 AM
60? I'm still in my early-to-mid-to-late 40s!

MU Viking
10-16-2014, 12:30 PM
Thanks, all! Happy Feast of St. Hedwig to the Irritated one! Hope it's filled with food and fun.

ChitownAl
10-16-2014, 12:37 PM
Have a great day and great upcoming year!

Mucrisco
10-16-2014, 12:51 PM
Happy birthday IWB and MUViking!

Thanks for everything that you do for us IWB, from running this board and getting us info to putting together the pro-am. Marquette will be fine, no matter what coach leaves us, but we can never replace an IWB.

TrevorCandelino
10-16-2014, 02:19 PM
Happy Birthday Jim and Vike!

You also share a bday with Mr. Bob Weir.

JohnnyRev
10-16-2014, 06:03 PM
Also happy birthday IWB and Viking from me - I sure miss you and Ruthy, Vike, now that you moved away from Marquette and Milwaukee. And I can never thank you enough, Jim, for your generosity and friendliness, and for the hours of relief I get from terrible news cycles on your board and John's.

BLT
10-16-2014, 06:34 PM
Angela was actually pretty hot back in the day. Happy birthday boys! Is "Bednobs and Broomsticks" your birthday movie night pick?