C JJ Panoske
PF Matt Tiby
SF Austin Arians
SG Akeem Springs
PG Steve McWhorter

What about sixth man?

BBF
10-10-2014, 05:42 PM
I think there's a fair chance JR Lyle is the second guard. He is so quick. But I wouldn't argue against Akeem, either. He brings tremendous size to that position. The others are pretty much set, I would think.

That said, Rob is not very hung up on who's starting. In addition to those six we will see a lot of Cody and Brett, and Trinson and Justin will definitely get minutes too.

MU/Panther
10-11-2014, 09:54 AM
Who is yours? Mine:

C JJ Panoske
PF Matt Tiby
SF Austin Arians
SG Akeem Springs
PG Steve McWhorter

What about sixth man?
Starting five on your list looks pretty good. The part that is interesting is who will be the key role players. Is Evan Richard in the mix.

Jimmy Lemke
10-11-2014, 11:15 AM
He seems to be the same Evan Richard as last year. So who knows. Practice doesn't always show big changes. I had the same reaction as BBF, and that is that JR Lyle has stepped it up big time in the off season.

Dan Zielinski
11-02-2014, 06:24 PM
Who is yours? Mine:

C JJ Panoske
PF Matt Tiby
SF Austin Arians
SG Akeem Springs
PG Steve McWhorter

What about sixth man?

I agree that this is going to be the starting five. Jeter said at media day that he feels like there are seven players he sees that could be starting - this five along with JeVon Lyle and Trinson White. To me Springs should be starting because he has the ability to produce at both end of the floor. He is a big, athletic guard who has the potential to be a big contributor this season. Then for sixth man, I think we will see either Lyle, White or Justin Jordan coming off the bench first depending on what the situation the Panthers are in at that moment of the game.

Tyrunner0097
11-02-2014, 08:11 PM
Are we sure that Justin is going to be playing this year? I'm just thinking of how many guards there are going to be: Akeem, Steve, Jevon, Trinson, Cody, Evan, Stamos, Justin, Brock, and Rongstad. I had the thinking that Jeter was going to redshirt Justin this year, otherwise, you have a lot of butts on the bench losing a year.

Plus, at forward, you're going to be full with Studer, JJ, Tiby, Scott, Austin, and the Prahl twins.

Dan Zielinski
11-02-2014, 09:43 PM
From all indications I would be shocked if they redshirted Justin. Jeter has been talking him up since the beginning of October, plus Steve McWhorter said at media day that this season he will help Justin, to make sure he is ready to take over the team next season. Jeter allows the players to decide if they want to redshirt, so I wouldn't be surprised if a couple of the guards did decide to redshirt.