PDA

View Full Version : Deonte

Markedman
10-06-2014, 11:16 AM
Looks like his mom passed…….prayers to his family….

Deonte Burton ‏@DeeBurton30 15m15 minutes ago
Rip mother we love you and will miss you !
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
Duane Wilson ‏@SwaggyDu1 11m11 minutes ago
“@DeeBurton30: Rip mother we love you and will miss you !” -- we got yo back. You can share my moms. Love big bro!!

Goose85
10-06-2014, 02:24 PM
prayers for Deonte and family.

Nukem2
10-06-2014, 03:07 PM
Thoughts and prayers for both Deonte and his family. Hard to lose a parent at a young age.

CaribouJim
10-06-2014, 03:13 PM
Had she been sick or was it somewhat sudden? Don't recall hearing anything about her being ill. Either way sucks big time.

MUAlphaBangura
10-06-2014, 03:22 PM
Had she been sick or was it somewhat sudden? Don't recall hearing anything about her being ill. Either way sucks big time.

Saw a picture of him sleeping in a chair next to her hospital bed last week(thru twitter I believe). Have no idea how long she had been ill. Prayers to Deonte and his family.

MUMac
10-06-2014, 03:44 PM
He left Brewster Academy to come back home because she was diagnosed with cancer. I recall Jim mentioning something at the time of the Coaches v Cancer that Jamil and Deonte wore the pink shoes with more than others on the team.

Came across this link which gives more information about that. http://www.jsonline.com/sports/goldeneagles/deonte-burton-beginning-to-feel-at-home-with-mu-b99157395z1-234695241.html and this. http://www.jsonline.com/sports/preps/marquette-recruits-are-two-of-the-states-best-127km5n-179229951.html

Godspeed, may she rest in peace and may God grant eternal life and let perpetual light shine upon her. Prayers to Deonte and his family.

IWB
10-06-2014, 04:39 PM
Here is what Burton wrote on Instagram/Facebook....

"RIP to my mother my first love no need to be sad over her death. We should be celebrating her life because she will live beyond death. Death can't hold her down because she left a piece of herself in everybody she touched. I miss you already but HE needed you more than we did. I love you Barbara Ann Burton you will not be forgotten."

BLT
10-06-2014, 05:40 PM
Prayers, thoughts and wishes out to the family. In a fine testament to his mom, DB garnered All-Academic Big East his freshman year. Whether it was him riding a bus to the Al in high school to play in pick up games, always showing up at the ProAm, carrying himself in public or his school work, he is the finest reflection of what his mom instilled.

JohnnyRev
10-06-2014, 06:34 PM
I had heard yesterday she may be dying - I feel terrible for the pain such an early death of his mother must be to Deonte. Yet, I'm quite moved by his beautiful instagram - thanks, Jim for sharing it. I too will pray for her and Deonte and the whole family.

dubs98
10-06-2014, 06:59 PM
prayers to both him and his family

warriorfan4life
10-06-2014, 10:08 PM
Amazing composure for a kid his age. I'd hope that Jamil could be a valuable resource here given their similar predicaments and the way that Jamil has matured and developed.