PDA

View Full Version : Uniform Prediction

CaribouJim
09-22-2014, 09:35 PM
I am admittedly obsessed with the idea of MU getting new unis. I just think it is in the program's DNA and I think MU is 2-3 years late in making a change.

In any event, Wojo seems to be on a roll the way he has handled things thus far, seemingly leaving no stone unturned. I'm thinking that he is holding this one back and maybe introducing new ones for the UW game? Kind of like Dan Devine (or was it Ara) and the green unis for ND against USC a million years back.

Maybe bring wracks of the new jerseys at half-time to satisfy the demand for the new digs?

Might be a moot point - maybe there is a crazy NCAA rule that prohibits such things. I think it would be cool though.

Speaking of Dan Devine, is his dog still dead?

AlexJesswein
09-22-2014, 09:42 PM
My guess is nothing new this year

CaribouJim
09-22-2014, 10:08 PM
If not newbies, wear some throwbacks - maybe the version when Allie was on the cover of Sports Illustrated.

MUBasketball
09-22-2014, 10:14 PM
Whenever the time comes for new uni's, I wonder what Wojo prefers -- the flashy MU style or the more plain and conservative Duke style?

CaribouJim
09-22-2014, 10:23 PM
Whenever the time comes for new uni's, I wonder what Wojo prefers -- the flashy MU style or the more plain and conservative Duke style?

I think he goes with the former as he appreciates MU history. Then again, maybe he goes with multiple versions - flashy and old school.

Mucrisco
09-22-2014, 11:06 PM
I used to love the Duke uniforms. However, when they put black in them, I wasn't crazy about them anymore. It seemed like they wanted to go both ways there. They wanted to keep their traditional look, but they wanted to also be edgy with the black. With me, they didn't accomplish either. I haven't gotten to watch too many other college teams the past few years, which kills me. Have they gone back to the Duke white and blue for their away jerseys or do they still have back in there?

If I were to take a guess, I think Wojo has bought into the tradition at Marquette and is advertising that. So, what they were trying to accomplish at Duke, he can at Marquette. By keeping the uniforms flashy and different, he is also being traditional at Marquette. Also, since IWB said that Jordan Brand has been pushing the different shoes onto Marquette, they probably have a huge voice if not the biggest say. When you look at our uniforms, Marquette immediately comes to mind. So, if they want to build Marquette into a Gonzaga like brand, do they change the uniforms when they are so recognizable? Perhaps, since other teams have copied those uniforms, they could find something else that is truly Marquette. I am probably in the minority, and granted I didn't experience those uniforms live, but the bumblebees don't do anything for me. I like the 77 untucked ones and I really like the 68-73 circle around the number jerseys. I love our current ones, but I could get behind the circle jerseys too. I just don't want to end up with ugly ones like what Addidas usually comes up with. I don't like the sleeve look either.

mutpm
09-23-2014, 06:07 AM
My guess is nothing new this year

I can't believe there would be new ones this season. They have already shot the in-game videos and the players are wearing last years uniforms.

The Reptile
09-23-2014, 07:03 AM
I think he goes with the former as he appreciates MU history. Then again, maybe he goes with multiple versions - flashy and old school.

I'm in agreement with Caribou here. Wojo is surrounded with MU basketball imagery from multiple eras. If he's as smart as we all believe him to be he will notice that 1) it's in our DNA to have edgy uniforms; and 2) we've had our best success when we did have edgy uniforms ('70's under Al, recent run under TC/BW).

Goose85
09-23-2014, 08:31 AM
I would love to see a throw back uniform game or two each season.

CaribouJim
09-23-2014, 02:52 PM
I would love to see a throw back uniform game or two each season.

I've proposed a weekend set of throwback unis for all five games.

This would be a way for the announcers to explicitly talk about the history of each of the teams and maybe softly help educate younger and even older viewers on the impressive history of most of the schools in the BE.

Maybe the announcers pick their all-time starting teams by position and best player for each school they are announcing the game for and maybe make it interactive and have fans pick their top players etc. on line.

Even take it the next step and have the announcers dress in the style of the day to match the era of the unis. For example, MU wearing the unis for '77 and they are playing DePaul in Milwaukee so MU being the home team DePaul wears their '77 unis so the announcers are wearing leisure suits (ouch). Have the cheerleaders wear the same version of their outfits and maybe Gail Pudvan...never mind. Have the refs wear the duds of the day as well. Have fun with it and get some extra air time on Sports Center.

Auction off the unis etc. at a later date.

Goose85
09-23-2014, 03:23 PM

This would be a way for the announcers to explicitly talk about the history of each of the teams and maybe softly help educate younger and even older viewers on the impressive history of most of the schools in the BE.

Maybe the announcers pick their all-time starting teams by position and best player for each school they are announcing the game for and maybe make it interactive and have fans pick their top players etc. on line.

Even take it the next step and have the announcers dress in the style of the day to match the era of the unis. For example, MU wearing the unis for '77 and they are playing DePaul in Milwaukee so MU being the home team DePaul wears their '77 unis so the announcers are wearing leisure suits (ouch). Have the cheerleaders wear the same version of their outfits and maybe Gail Pudvan...never mind. Have the refs wear the duds of the day as well. Have fun with it and get some extra air time on Sports Center.

Nice angle for FS1. I know a few years ago ESPN did throw back sports center broadcasts.

MUAlphaBangura
09-23-2014, 04:07 PM

At the auction, would you be bidding on Gail Pudvan's....never mind.

MayorBeluga
09-23-2014, 04:22 PM
So if it's truly a throwback, Caribou would have a once in a lifetime opportunity with Gail Pudvan and... never mind.

CaribouJim
09-23-2014, 04:29 PM
Oh yeh? Well the Jerk Store called...never mind.

Gato78
09-23-2014, 05:35 PM
You know, Caribou said "never mind" to Gail about 35 years ago. I guess when you are a stud, you can call those shots. Me and damn near every other guy on campus had the opposite occur--and I tried.

CaribouJim
09-23-2014, 06:17 PM
You know, Caribou said "never mind" to Gail about 35 years ago. I guess when you are a stud, you can call those shots. Me and damn near every other guy on campus had the opposite occur--and I tried.

I guess I have higher standards than everyone.

MUAlphaBangura
09-23-2014, 06:44 PM
I guess I have higher standards than everyone.

......never mind.

pbiflyer
09-23-2014, 11:08 PM
Really? Is this what we are? Slamming someone for the missed opportunity of a lifetime?
Never mind. Of course we are! ;)

MayorBeluga
09-24-2014, 07:30 AM
Really? Is this what we are? Slamming someone for the missed opportunity of a lifetime?
Never mind. Of course we are! ;)

It's not that it was just the missed opportunity of a lifetime, it was the missed opportunity of all lifetimes. Ah, never mind.

IWB
09-24-2014, 01:47 PM
To quote Butch Lee when he was told the story, "Dude should have bought a car on credit."

Smitty
09-30-2014, 09:36 AM
I'm sure she still refers to Caribou as the one that got away....

Djgoldnboy
09-30-2014, 09:55 AM
Recognize anyone? http://wiki.muscoop.com/doku.php/cheerleaders/1977 (http://wiki.muscoop.com/doku.php/cheerleaders/1977)

Goose85
09-30-2014, 04:41 PM
Recognize anyone? http://wiki.muscoop.com/doku.php/cheerleaders/1977 (http://wiki.muscoop.com/doku.php/cheerleaders/1977)

You mean other than Rondell Sheridan of Disney Channel sitcom fame?

Gato78
09-30-2014, 04:48 PM
One or all of Caribou Jim's, ahhh never mind....

MUAlphaBangura
09-30-2014, 07:19 PM
Hope Caribou doesn't look at this thread anymore because, you know, .......never mind.

IWB
10-01-2014, 08:15 AM
I like how it was worded on that page, "The legendary Gail Pudvan".

CaribouJim
10-01-2014, 09:33 AM
Hope Caribou doesn't look at this thread anymore because, you know, .......never mind.

I'm out of town for a few days and find that I am being slandered left and right. In any event, never mind.