PDA

View Full Version : Bo taking it on the chin on Mike & Mike this morning...

CaribouJim
04-19-2012, 08:40 AM
...Mike Greenberg calling him vindictive and Golic pretty much agreeing and Jay Bilas joined them and he said that he knows Bo and Bo is not a good guy, he is a great guy but has a "blind spot" on this one - wishes the NCAA had stepped forward quickly when this came to their attention.

Goose85
04-19-2012, 08:50 AM
I too heard that. First Greeny and Golic talk about it for 4 min which is long for any not scheduled topic on a show like that one. Then Bilas calls in and they discuss it for another 4 minutes or so.

Bo keeps getting ripped and Wisconsin not looking good as it was discussed that Brust is on the team and Bo helped him lobby the Big 10 to come to Wisconsin.

Bilas even said that some say there is more to the story but Bilas thought there was probably less to the story.

Will Barry clean up Bo's mess or will he support Bo's vindictive temper tantrum?

CaribouJim
04-19-2012, 09:16 AM
I guess Bo himself called in - sounds like it was a train wreck and he should have refrained from doing so. Was the ACC exclusion because of UVA or the ACC challenge? Either way pretty pathetic.

IWB
04-19-2012, 09:19 AM
This is a tough spot to be for UW. You know Alvarez is a guy that is towards the end of his career and doesn't want any problems or hassles. On the other hand, he does not want to throw his Coach under the bus - tough call, and I expect him to play the mediator and rule somewhere in the middle (lift some bans but not all).

The other person in play is Justin Doherty. Justin is a good guy, and he is a smart guy - a very by the rules-no nonsense guy. I expect him to be the one to find a way to make this end with all sides looking like the victims of the over blown media.

2012Warrior
04-19-2012, 09:27 AM
IWB, has MU ever put any major restrictions on kids, Buzz in particular? I can only remember Big East and UW.

CaribouJim
04-19-2012, 09:27 AM
Isn't his dragnet of teams that Bo is saying the kid can't play on unprecedented - I'll grant the Big 10 schools and even MU, but the rest are just crazy. The kid sounds like he is a pretty good player, but he's not Michael Jordan for gosh sake. Bo looks like a fool in this.

IWB
04-19-2012, 09:28 AM
Caribou - To answer your question, and this is only an opinion, but here is what I had written in the Wednesday Workout yesterday (http://www.brewcityball.com/forums/content.php?313-Wednesday-Workover)...

So why Iowa State and Virginia? Recruiting. Iowa State Associate Head Coach TJ Otzelberger is from Wisconsin, and has recruited the state quite well. Wisconsin products Diante Garrett and Marquette transfer Scott Christopherson had great careers with the Cyclones, and Michigan State transfer Korie Lucious will play there next year. ISU is also involved with Onalaska's Matt Thomas, who is also being recruited by Wisconsin. Out in Virginia, Tony Bennett has successfully landed Paul Jesperson from Merrill Wisconsin. Both Bennett and Otzelberger have been recruiting the state hard, and that is a conflict for Wisconsin, who has had a lock on in-state recruiting over the years.

Nukem2
04-19-2012, 09:30 AM
Practical matter re ACC schools UW might play in the Challenge as well as Florida is that these programs will recruit someone the equal of or better than Uthoff by the time UW might play them. Silly to have them on the list. ISU being on the list is simply petty. Should just go with its conference and in-state rivalry schools like most programs do when kids transfer. In the end, it just seems that Bo's world of "committment" has been shattered and he has reacted poorly, looking like a grumpy old man. Time for Bo and UW to part ways amicably and realize that the world has changed in terms of player movement.

CaribouJim
04-19-2012, 09:31 AM
Caribou - To answer your question, and this is only an opinion, but here is what I had written in the Wednesday Workout yesterday (http://www.brewcityball.com/forums/content.php?313-Wednesday-Workover)...

So why Iowa State and Virginia? Recruiting. Iowa State Associate Head Coach TJ Otzelberger is from Wisconsin, and has recruited the state quite well. Wisconsin products Diante Garrett and Marquette transfer Scott Christopherson had great careers with the Cyclones, and Michigan State transfer Korie Lucious will play there next year. ISU is also involved with Onalaska's Matt Thomas, who is also being recruited by Wisconsin. Out in Virginia, Tony Bennett has successfully landed Paul Jesperson from Merrill Wisconsin. Both Bennett and Otzelberger have been recruiting the state hard, and that is a conflict for Wisconsin, who has had a lock on in-state recruiting over the years.

Makes it even more pathetic - how insecure can you get Bo - afraid of some competition - get a new system that doesn't put fans and potential recruits to sleep.

ge1974
04-19-2012, 09:33 AM
Marquette let John Ellenson transfer to Wisconsin. Of course, that was a long time ago (mid 80's).

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
04-19-2012, 09:34 AM
In case you missed it: http://thebiglead.com/index.php/2012/04/19/bo-ryan-really-came-off-poorly-defending-himself-on-mike-mike/

Bo sounds really bad here

MUAlphaBangura
04-19-2012, 09:47 AM
In case you missed it: http://thebiglead.com/index.php/2012/04/19/bo-ryan-really-came-off-poorly-defending-himself-on-mike-mike/

Bo sounds really bad here

Bo= Col. Jessup. "You're damn right I ordered the code red!!!!" Too pompous. Too arrogant. Lost in his own world of being too important. Just shut the F up. You're digging a deeper hole!

Nukem2
04-19-2012, 10:05 AM
Bo is just a member good ole boy network. Time is pasing him by. Very good coach and, by all acoounts, a very decent man. But, he just does not get that the world is changing. Wih regard to transfer, I kind of wonder if restrictions on transfers will really be reduced over the next decade.

Goose85
04-19-2012, 10:11 AM
Bo and Brust helped get rid of the Big 10 transfer rule.
Now maybe Bo and Uthoff will help get rid of the NCAA transfer restriction rule.

Bo is sure a trail blazer.

MUMac
04-19-2012, 01:01 PM
Bo and Brust helped get rid of the Big 10 transfer rule.

Which is why I find the "tampering" defense so precious. Ask Iowa if they feel there was any tampering with Brust. Heck, ask Markolff if he thought there was any tampering. Truly precious.