PDA

View Full Version : OT Big 10 Football

Markedman
09-07-2014, 12:50 AM
Wow....the conference is about as bad as I can remember.

Kirk Herbstreit ‏@KirkHerbstreit · 3h
Big 10 fans you wonder why fans from other conferences look down at the conference? It's weekends like this. No spin or agenda just results.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
09-07-2014, 01:03 AM
Glad it came from another Big 10 guy, it is truly awful.

TheSultan
09-07-2014, 07:15 AM
The only game that can reasonably be excused is Michigan State losing at Oregon. MSU had a lead until just before the 4th quarter, but collapsed at the end at the number 3 team in the country.

1. Poor coaching hires. Way too many teams that "bought high" on MAC coaches that everyone knows aren't taking their teams anywhere. When is the last time a B10 team hired a sitting coach from a top BCS program? Rich Rodriguez probably. And he was run out of town for not having instant success and not being a "Michigan Man." Well I can guaranty you that if RichRod was still at Michigan, they wouldn't have lost to Notre Dame like that.

2. Not enough money invested in assistant coaches. Probably the biggest reason why they can't land sitting coaches from high level programs. This is pretty inexcusable IMO. They have the money. And some schools do make that investment. But Illinois, Minnesota, Purdue? Cmon...

3. And this isn't really the Big Ten's fault, but high school football in the midwest isn't a bastion of innovation. They are considered "out there" if they throw 5 passes a game.

CaribouJim
09-07-2014, 10:26 AM
Is it too early to start referring to them as the Power 4? :)

Gato78
09-07-2014, 04:47 PM
I had the pleasure of golfing with an IU grad and a Badger grad today. The bitching about Big Tenleventwelve football was awesome!! From why Maryland and Rutgers to Brady Hoke must go for the good of the conference, the Anderson debacle of last week, to the Big Tenleventwelve can not get to the playoffs this year. Priceless. What a great day to play golf!

CaribouJim
09-07-2014, 05:11 PM
Speaking of Brady Hoke, doesn't he look like a combination of Mike Golic and Chris Christie?

TheSultan
09-07-2014, 05:25 PM
I had the pleasure of golfing with an IU grad and a Badger grad today. The bitching about Big Tenleventwelve football was awesome!! From why Maryland and Rutgers to Brady Hoke must go for the good of the conference, the Anderson debacle of last week, to the Big Tenleventwelve can not get to the playoffs this year. Priceless. What a great day to play golf!

Rutgers and Maryland is the only issue where they are off base. (Not cause of football...but because of their value come television contract time.)

But otherwise. Yeah.