PDA

View Full Version : MU Thread on ND Nation

CaribouJim
09-06-2014, 05:19 PM
http://ndnation.com/boards/showpost.php?b=thepit;pid=258720;d=all

The first MU game I ever saw was that Triple OT loss in the early '70's on a Saturday afternoon on the Hughes TV network.

Another rivalry with a history of memorable games.

Gato78
09-06-2014, 07:08 PM
Watching "the last" Notre Dame-Michigan football game. Byproduct of the conference jumping and university presidents' dash for cash. Too damn bad. Though this rivalry could be replaced with Florida State, the odds are it will not be an annual affair and it is just as likely ND plays Wake or Duke.

TedBaxter
09-06-2014, 07:14 PM
There have been some threads since Notre Dame left the Big East where the ND posters have put MU at the top of the rivalries that they want to keep. In fact, I think Marquette is the preferred school that they want to keep as a non-conference opponent. A ton of respect for each program.

The Reptile
09-07-2014, 05:18 PM
Watching "the last" Notre Dame-Michigan football game. Byproduct of the conference jumping and university presidents' dash for cash. Too damn bad. Though this rivalry could be replaced with Florida State, the odds are it will not be an annual affair and it is just as likely ND plays Wake or Duke.

It will not be replaced by any ACC team unless they do what Michigan and Ohio State do to ensure that there is always a game. IIRC, notre dame's invitation required them to play either 4 or 5 ACC teams per year on a rotating basis. So, a game against FSU will be every 3-4 years unless otherwise agreed. If I'm FSU, why do that. They didn't need nd to win the BCS last year they only needed luck to avoid Alabama, LSU or Georgia.