PDA

View Full Version : Bucky "misplaces" Uthoff's appeal

Hamostradamus
04-18-2012, 03:45 PM
http://thegazette.com/2012/04/18/source-jarrod-uthoff-did-not-make-appeal/

“She just placed it in his mailbox and he didn’t check his mailbox until I had a meeting with him today,” Uthoff said. “I told him the situation and he went and checked his mailbox and it was there.

“They said, ‘Well, this changes things. This puts the burden on us.’ I said, ‘I don’t know what you expected me to do’. They said it was fine.”

Goose85
04-18-2012, 04:02 PM
Wow - he gives it to the guy's secretary and she puts it in his mail box. He never checks his mail box until Uthoff meets with him.
You'd think with all the attention this has gotten the secretary may have mentioned that Uthoff dropped something off for him.

Meeting with Alvarez on Thursday morning. Should be interesting.

Goose85
04-18-2012, 04:22 PM
According to Potrykus, new Big 10 rule "the Brust Rule?" is you can transfer to another Big 10 school if the school you are leaving allows the transfer, and you can be on scholarship. That is why Bo included the Big 10 in the list of original schools.

MU Viking
04-18-2012, 04:31 PM
So what's good for Bo is... good for Bo. Got it.

Hamostradamus
04-18-2012, 04:41 PM
Vike - the Brust situation is totally different. It's like apples and submarines. On one hand, you have Brust. But over here is Uthoff. And, like, they aren't even in the same metaphorical zip code. See, if a guy wants to transfer, but there's a rule, you first have to look at the rule. And plus some other stuff. Pretty simple, really.

IWB
04-18-2012, 04:53 PM
Actually, there is a difference as Brust was an incoming freshman and the coach he committed to was let go, while Uthoff is already in school. Other than that, it is pretty much the same.

Mark Miller
04-18-2012, 04:55 PM
How crazy are the NCAA rules?

Uthoff could go to a junior college for a year and then transfer to any school in the country.

TedBaxter
04-18-2012, 05:00 PM
I'd be shocked if Wisconsin allows Uthoff to stay within the Big 10. Absolutely shocked!!!!!

After hearing Mike Lucas say this morning that the kid not submitting an appeal must mean the restrictive schools weren't a big deal to Jarrod and now finding out he did, just makes me sit up and take notice, not that they are going to approve his appeal.

MU Viking
04-18-2012, 05:04 PM
If I'm Uthoff and I want to go to Iowa State, for instance, I just give em the bird and go to Kirkwood for the year. Who does Bo Ryan think he is??

IWB
04-18-2012, 05:09 PM
Personally, I don't think a kid should be able to transfer in conference, and I also agree about blocking a rival. But it should end there.

TulsaWarrior
04-18-2012, 06:37 PM
This is a classic PR fubar.

Markedman
04-18-2012, 07:11 PM
Bo speaks....

"hey I'm just following the rules" pretty much sums it up.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/7829399/jarrod-uthoff-wisconsin-badgers-odds-potential-transfer

kneelb4zerg
04-18-2012, 07:32 PM
LOL. Now Florida is on the list because they have a home and home on the schedule.

MU Viking
04-18-2012, 07:37 PM
Wow, Bo is looking more like a vindictive prick with each successive article. This is crazy.

mufansince72
04-18-2012, 07:42 PM
Wow, Bo is looking more like a vindictive prick with each successive article. This is crazy.

His true colors coming out!

MUMac
04-18-2012, 08:14 PM

Bo IS a vindictive prick. This is nothing new. The rest of the nation is now seeing what is behind the curtain. This isn't the Wizard of Oz. He is simply a jerk. Always has been, always will be. And the badger freaks are hypocrites - always have been, always will be.

Nothing has changed with bo. This is just more visible.

MUMac
04-18-2012, 08:21 PM
I just read the ESPN article. ryan comes across as an out of touch jerk. He hasn't talked to the kid? Doesn't know why he wants to leave? Either ryan is lying or trying to spin. Give me a break. He never called and asked him?

And ryan is out on a week long recruiting trip with his wife? What, is this the GSA? How many out of state, out of Midwest players does ryan have on his team? Yeah, he is on a recruiting trip to SW Minnesota with his wife. Certainly, who wouldn't be?

What an ass he is. I am glad everyone now can see what he is.

MU Viking
04-18-2012, 08:21 PM
I know he is. The crazy part to me is that he's blatantly giving an FU to this kid even though the story has gone national. Insane hubris on this cat. No matter what the AAU coach says, good luck getting a top flight Barnstormers recruit again anytime soon...

Halo
04-19-2012, 01:16 AM
Maybe this finally shows why so few players transfer under Bo and Gavinski stayed. They know Bo won't let them go play where they want.

mufansince72
04-19-2012, 01:24 AM
Maybe this finally shows why so few players transfer under Bo and Gavinski stayed. They know Bo won't let them go play where they want.

I think they have to lose their love of the game before Bo will release them:cool:

MUAlphaBangura
04-19-2012, 08:20 AM

How appropriate to use a phrase Coach Buzz talks about often.... character revealed.

Goose85
04-19-2012, 08:35 AM
ESPN's Mike and Mike this morning were ripping Bo. Spent 4 minutes on it (long for that show) and then 2 minutes later Jay Bilas called in and they talked about it for another 4 minutes. Jay basically said this is wrong and it is vindictive and suprised him because he thinks Bo is a great guy.

Like many others have said, Bo is just showing the rest of the sporting world what we already knew about him.