PDA

View Full Version : Hunt article on Wojo

milkbone
08-12-2014, 07:16 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/goldeneagles/steve-wojciechowski-knows-first-season-wont-be-easy-b99328440z1-270839681.html

MU/Panther
08-12-2014, 08:54 AM
Who is John Dawkins?

MUAlphaBangura
08-12-2014, 09:11 AM
Who is John Dawkins?

Former Duke standout and current Stanford coach of course.

Nukem2
08-12-2014, 09:19 AM
Well, Wojo is calling this a transition season and rightfully so. Lots of turnover, little experience, a new staff and a roster short in numbers and stature along with not having Fischer until 12/16. Going to be a very interesting season to watch and see how things play out. Certainly there is talent with 7 guys having been RSCI Top 100 rated (Anderson, Taylor, Burton, Du Wilson, Johnson, Fischer and Cohen) along with 2 guys were generally Top 125ish in De Wilson and Carlino. Only Dawkins (er, Dawson...:p) was not more highly rated, but he obviously has talent. Lets Go Warriors...!!

GOMU1104
08-12-2014, 09:49 AM
Well, Wojo is calling this a transition season and rightfully so. Lots of turnover, little experience, a new staff and a roster short in numbers and stature along with not having Fischer until 12/16. Going to be a very interesting season to watch and see how things play out. Certainly there is talent with 7 guys having been RSCI Top 100 rated (Anderson, Taylor, Burton, Du Wilson, Johnson, Fischer and Cohen) along with 2 guys were generally Top 125ish in De Wilson and Carlino. Only Dawkins (er, Dawson...:p) was not more highly rated, but he obviously has talent. Lets Go Warriors...!!

Does it really matter where they were ranked at this point? The only ones that have done anything of note at this level are Burton and Carlino.

Markedman
08-12-2014, 10:13 AM
"Mayo's departure also means the Golden Eagles will have just two seniors on the roster, point guard Derrick Wilson and forward Juan Anderson.”

For some reason I thought Carlino was a senior………..

Oh that’s right…he is!

Nukem2
08-12-2014, 10:18 AM
"Mayo's departure also means the Golden Eagles will have just two seniors on the roster, point guard Derrick Wilson and forward Juan Anderson.”

For some reason I thought Carlino was a senior………..

Oh that’s right…he is!Actually, he is a graduate student as was Trent Lockett. Otule was not a graduate student as he went for an extra undergraduate degree I believe.

Nukem2
08-12-2014, 10:19 AM
Does it really matter where they were ranked at this point? The only ones that have done anything of note at this level are Burton and Carlino.No, but it is notable that they were evaluated to be talented. Will be interesting to see how they thrive, or not, in a new system.

TheSultan
08-12-2014, 10:22 AM
Actually, he is a graduate student as was Trent Lockett. Otule was not a graduate student as he went for an extra undergraduate degree I believe.

Yeah but when talking about basketball (or any other athlete) they talk about it in terms of their eligibility.

In that respect, Carlino is a senior.

Mark Miller
08-12-2014, 11:04 AM
Burton's minutes were cut? Must have missed that.

Nukem2
08-12-2014, 12:40 PM
Yeah but when talking about basketball (or any other athlete) they talk about it in terms of their eligibility.

In that respect, Carlino is a senior.;) FWIW, the roster at MU's gomarquette.com website lists Carlino as GS (i.e., Graduate Student)...it is what he is.

TheSultan
08-12-2014, 12:41 PM
LOL...I have literally never seen that before.

MUMac
08-12-2014, 01:10 PM
LOL...I have literally never seen that before.

Yeah, Lockett was listed as a SR. I only recall listing of grades for athletic purposes. Maybe a RS in front of the Red Shirts, but that is the only qualification/designation I have seen.

Still, for Hunts purposes, Carlino is a SR. He missed that one.

Nukem2
08-12-2014, 01:50 PM
Yeah, Lockett was listed as a SR. I only recall listing of grades for athletic purposes. Maybe a RS in front of the Red Shirts, but that is the only qualification/designation I have seen.

Still, for Hunts purposes, Carlino is a SR. He missed that one.
To be fair, Hunt may have considered Carlino to be a graduate student... :)

MUMac
08-12-2014, 02:03 PM
To be fair, Hunt may have considered Carlino to be a graduate student... :)

To be fair, Hunt may not even know that Carlino is on the team ... :cool:

Nukem2
08-12-2014, 02:46 PM

LOL, that certainly could be a possibility..... :)

Markedman
08-12-2014, 04:28 PM

Best post of the month.........;)