PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Jimmy!

Markedman
07-22-2014, 10:53 AM
Mike Broeker ‏@mikebroeker 1m
More
Another former #mubb that never surprises me. Congrats JB. RT @KCJHoop: Jimmy Butler on U.S. Select team.

dubs98
07-22-2014, 11:32 AM
Fantastic to hear. No one deserves it more!

CaribouJim
07-22-2014, 01:45 PM
....and his name is being mentioned today as trade bait, along with Taj Gibson, for Kevin Love.

http://www.si.com/nba/2014/07/22/bulls-kevin-love-trade-cavaliers

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
07-22-2014, 01:55 PM
Interesting, as Jimmy (and Mirotic) not being available were reportedly the reasons the Bulls couldn't agree to a sign-and-trade for Carmelo.

TheSultan
07-22-2014, 01:58 PM
I love Jimmy, but I can't believe that the Bulls would be competitive on the trade front with the Cavs offering Wiggins.

KMWTRUCKS
07-22-2014, 02:16 PM
I have a hard time thinking the bulls would move butler and Taj. That leaves. Love, Rose, dunleavy, Snell, Mcd, Mirotic, Gasol, Noah and Hinrich. that is a below AVG D team. I think the bulls are just making sure Who ever gets him pays fair market value and does not get them on the cheap. IE they want to make sure that Cleveland cannot get away with trading bennett and waiter's and a few 1sts to get Love IMO.

TheSultan
07-22-2014, 02:17 PM
Or the Wolves are floating something to give the Cavs more urgency.

CaribouJim
07-22-2014, 02:31 PM
I have a hard time thinking the bulls would move butler and Taj. That leaves. Love, Rose, dunleavy, Snell, Mcd, Mirotic, Gasol, Noah and Hinrich. that is a below AVG D team. I think the bulls are just making sure Who ever gets him pays fair market value and does not get them on the cheap. IE they want to make sure that Cleveland cannot get away with trading bennett and waiter's and a few 1sts to get Love IMO.

The Bulls were dreadful on offense(Jimmy was far from studly on O) last year and although Jimmy's D was stellar as usual garnering 2nd team All-D, they may have to sacrifice some of that D to get some O in return. He was mentioned as viable trade bait at the conclusion of the season and before the draft and LBJ's "decision" in an attempt to ratchet up their O.

KMWTRUCKS
07-22-2014, 02:57 PM
The brought in Mirotic, Mcd, and Gasol to help with the Off to go with the solid D. They only have 3 plus defenders' Noah butler and Taj. Rose, and hinrich gasol would be AVG and Snell Love, dunleavy Mcd, and Mirotic would be below AVG. They added tons of shooting and scoring with the 3 new guys but made themselves a worse D team. bringing in more shooting and scoring but with even worse D means they will not be able to stop anybody. Plus Thibs is a D coach. Why bring in Mirotic if you are going to trade away all the guys that can play d for Love (both face up 4 man who are poo defenders). Rose, snell, Mcd, love and gasol would give up 120 points per game.

CaribouJim
07-22-2014, 04:19 PM
The brought in Mirotic, Mcd, and Gasol to help with the Off to go with the solid D. They only have 3 plus defenders' Noah butler and Taj. Rose, and hinrich gasol would be AVG and Snell Love, dunleavy Mcd, and Mirotic would be below AVG. They added tons of shooting and scoring with the 3 new guys but made themselves a worse D team. bringing in more shooting and scoring but with even worse D means they will not be able to stop anybody. Plus Thibs is a D coach. Why bring in Mirotic if you are going to trade away all the guys that can play d for Love (both face up 4 man who are poo defenders). Rose, snell, Mcd, love and gasol would give up 120 points per game.

They are talking about the proposed trade on 670 The Score right now - yes, the quality of their D would go down, but worth it with the incremental quality of "O" and paid Thibs a complement that he is such a good defensive coach that he can get guys who were never known for their "D" to up their game to overall be good enough.