PDA

View Full Version : Nicole Ellis Foundation Outing

Gato78
07-21-2014, 10:13 PM
I played in this outing today for the first time--I generally abhor Monday outings. This was a very good outing with all sorts of former players from the 60's forward--maybe one guy from the '50's. Wojo and Travis showed for cocktail hour to socialize and Wojo spoke. Just a few of the players: Brubkhorst, Burke, Tatum, Walton, Brute Force, Jimmy Mc, Homan, Pope, Artie Green, Neary, Mike Flory, Robert Byrd (in my group, helluva man), Kinsella, Nathan, Tony Smith, Randy Buchman etc. etc. All MU fans need to consider going next year. The course is very nice. Food was very good. Good mix of players from Milwaukee and Chicago. The amazing thing is that this is the outing MU should be putting on itself. But it is good Bo does it because it is clear he has engendered a loyalty among former players like no other. Congratulations to Bo for a great outing.

kneelb4zerg
07-21-2014, 10:26 PM
What course?

pbiflyer
07-21-2014, 10:35 PM
What course?

If it were back in my day, it would have been Theory of Coaching Basketball and you would have got an A for attending. :p

Gato78
07-22-2014, 08:17 AM
Hawk's View outside Lake Geneva.

kneelb4zerg
07-22-2014, 07:43 PM
Hawk's View outside Lake Geneva.

That's a solid track. Thx.

TheSultan
07-23-2014, 01:18 PM
I played in this outing today for the first time--I generally abhor Monday outings. This was a very good outing with all sorts of former players from the 60's forward--maybe one guy from the '50's. Wojo and Travis showed for cocktail hour to socialize and Wojo spoke. Just a few of the players: Brubkhorst, Burke, Tatum, Walton, Brute Force, Jimmy Mc, Homan, Pope, Artie Green, Neary, Mike Flory, Robert Byrd (in my group, helluva man), Kinsella, Nathan, Tony Smith, Randy Buchman etc. etc. All MU fans need to consider going next year. The course is very nice. Food was very good. Good mix of players from Milwaukee and Chicago. The amazing thing is that this is the outing MU should be putting on itself. But it is good Bo does it because it is clear he has engendered a loyalty among former players like no other. Congratulations to Bo for a great outing.

Are you talking about Joe Nethen?

IWB
07-23-2014, 01:51 PM
I wasn't there, but I assume yes. Joe Nethen takes a lot of pride in having played at MU and gets involved when he can.

TheSultan
07-23-2014, 02:19 PM
I wasn't there, but I assume yes. Joe Nethen takes a lot of pride in having played at MU and gets involved when he can.

The question came off way more snarky than it should have. (And has been edited accordingly). I am happy to hear that. The Dukiet era was such a clusterf*ck for many reasons, but I am glad that those players still want that connection.

Joe in particular was a bit of a screwball, but really a genuinely nice guy.

Gato78
07-23-2014, 02:53 PM
I misspelled Brunkhorst too. Typing too fast.