PDA

View Full Version : Mbakwe to return to Minnesota

Gato78
04-16-2012, 04:21 PM
"I have decided to remain at the University of Minnesota and am looking forward to the upcoming season," Mbakwe said in a statement released by the school. "I think it is beneficial for many reasons. It gives me the opportunity to play another year of college basketball and hopefully contribute to a team that showed it can be dangerous.

"It also provides me with the opportunity to leave the university with a Master's degree. That means a ton to me. Not many athletes have that chance to get multiple degrees during their stay and unfortunately it took an injury for me to have this opportunity but I am going to take full advantage of it. I am excited to get back on the court with my teammates."

I hope he is not BSing about getting his masters, which means he is graduating this spring, I assume. After leaving MU, and with the criminal charges in Miami, I never thought he would be a graduate, much less a masters level guy. Good for him and helps with MU and Lockett if that is still in the cards.