Nukem2
07-12-2014, 09:18 AM
from last night?

PopSims
07-12-2014, 09:22 AM
Sandy and Juan played well.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
07-12-2014, 09:41 AM
I don't particularly put much emphasis into stats, or really much else in these leagues, because for me they are pure entertainment... However from what I saw:

JaJuan Johnson: A friend and I noted he just looked disinterested, even for this setting. Although off the court he seemed to enjoy socializing with other teammates so hopefully it was just that he didn't want to play ball last night.

Duane Wilson: you could tell he wanted to win, he played hard and started slow but was hitting shots later... His hops blow me away everytime i see him, he gets up so fast.

Juan: looked good, he played Deonte's team and it was a real close game till the end.

Derrick Wilson: played okay, did hit some threes, but for the most part was non descript

Matt Carlino: I didn't get to watch his game so i only say about 10 mins of him and he didn't hit any shots while I was there, so can't really comment on him.

Deonte Burton: he looked super aggressive and as usual is an incredible dunker, he is an absolute must see at this event. When his game came up the gym was full and you could tell he wanted to take the ball to the rim

Sandy Cohen: looks super thin, didn't see a ton of his game but you can tell he is a freshman. From the few shots he took both my friend and I commented on his awkward shooting form so that may need to be ironed out. However you can tell he is comfortable crashing the basket. I think he will take time to contribute but will be a real nice 4 year player

John Dawson: he didn't score much in the game I watched, did seem to get along well with Burton, and I think he can be a real good one, seemed to have added some weight which is good.

Wally Ellenson, Luke Fischer, Gabe Levin, and Todd Mayo all didn't show.

TheSultan
07-12-2014, 09:49 AM
Are Ellenson and Levin enrolled for the second summer session?

JohnnyRev
07-12-2014, 10:13 AM
I don't particularly put much emphasis into stats, or really much else in these leagues, because for me they are pure entertainment... However from what I saw:

JaJuan Johnson: A friend and I noted he just looked disinterested, even for this setting. Although off the court he seemed to enjoy socializing with other teammates so hopefully it was just that he didn't want to play ball last night.

Duane Wilson: you could tell he wanted to win, he played hard and started slow but was hitting shots later... His hops blow me away everytime i see him, he gets up so fast. DUANE: After his game, Duane played a whole game as a sub for a team in the second set. He really looks impressive.

Juan: looked good, he played Deonte's team and it was a real close game till the end.

Derrick Wilson: played okay, did hit some threes, but for the most part was non descript

Matt Carlino: I didn't get to watch his game so i only say about 10 mins of him and he didn't hit any shots while I was there, so can't really comment on him.
MATT CARLINO had the wrong jersey number so at first I was asking, who is that old guard out there who is so good? He has a smooth three point shot, and plays an overall good guard game - great court sense, passing, driving to score or pass for threes, defensive effort - just a smart guard but not a ball hog like others on his team. I think he will be our starting PG and will definitely solve our PG problems and make others better while being a good scorer himself.

Deonte Burton: he looked super aggressive and as usual is an incredible dunker, he is an absolute must see at this event. When his game came up the gym was full and you could tell he wanted to take the ball to the rim

Sandy Cohen: looks super thin, didn't see a ton of his game but you can tell he is a freshman. From the few shots he took both my friend and I commented on his awkward shooting form so that may need to be ironed out. However you can tell he is comfortable crashing the basket. I think he will take time to contribute but will be a real nice 4 year player

John Dawson: he didn't score much in the game I watched, did seem to get along well with Burton, and I think he can be a real good one, seemed to have added some weight which is good.

I do see a lot of potential our good coaches can develop into a stronger team this year than many expect.

JohnnyRev
07-12-2014, 10:19 AM

Duane Wilson: you could tell he wanted to win, he played hard and started slow but was hitting shots later... His hops blow me away everytime i see him, he gets up so fast.

CARLINO: Carlino’s jersey had #3 instead of the listed #13 so at first I thought he missed his game. But I did find myself asking people who that old guy #3 was who was so good.
A friend and former high school player later singled Carlino out to me as a truly amazing three-point shooter -- from the pre-game warmups he caught my friend’s attention. What impressed me was that he clearly was a very experienced (hence the “old,” not only because of a slight balding), confident, and capable all around guard. When he got the ball he passed with authority, set up lobs, drove and scored, or shot threes. He worked on defense more than most of the players. I definitely expect him to start at PG this his one year and fully solve our PG problems from last year.

COHEN: others were amazed at the play of SANDY COHEN later in the second half when he took over and almost won the game for his team. I regret I missed that because I was at the other game. I was very disappointed LUKE FISCHER his teammate missed the game. Without Luke, Sandy’s team had no height and were getting killed by a tall and balance Gruber Law team, which is why I switched at half to the other game. By all accounts, I missed some of the most amazing play (by Cohen) all night.

OVERALL: impressed with potential that our coaches can develop into a much better them than most expect.

Nukem2
07-12-2014, 10:30 AM
Are Ellenson and Levin enrolled for the second summer session?Believe that Levin is on campus, but not Ellenson. The release for Wally said he would be coming for 1st semester. The release for Gabe said he would be on campus this summer.

MU/Panther
07-12-2014, 03:54 PM
from last night?
Just on MU players or everyone? There are many good storylines on some of the other players.

TulsaWarrior
07-12-2014, 05:06 PM
Wally Ellenson has been in Vegas with his family. He's been sporting a Marquette shirt in all the pictures I've seen. ;-)

dubs98
07-12-2014, 07:58 PM
Just on MU players or everyone? There are many good storylines on some of the other players.

I'm a hoop junkie looking for a fix. whatever recap you have I would love to read. thanks in advance.
also, they had games today as well correct? any update from todays games?

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
07-12-2014, 09:17 PM
Wasn't around for today's games, but Diante Garrett was really impressive yesterday too...

MU/Panther
07-13-2014, 01:39 PM
Friday night- Very good sized crowd in attendance. Fr. Kelly was in attendance as well.

Diante Garrett seemed to make seven three point shots in a row. It was crazy!

Drew Winder from Belmont keeps on getting better and bigger. His three point shot is looking good. Helps when you play in the Belmont sets as all 5 on the floor, need to hit the 3 point shot.

Myles McKay- Every year at the Pro-Am is one of the best players there.

Akeem Springs the Milwaukee Panther, who had to sit out last season because he transfered, has a high level players type body.

Korie Lucious the Michigan State than Iowa State player is not to tall in person which stood out to me, for him having a pretty good college playing years. He did play in the Final Four.

Carrington Love the Green Bay guards shot looks to have gotten better.

Austin Stueck from South Milwaukee HS and MSOE, has been in the Pro-Am the past couple years. This year he has gotten bigger and he can dunk it big-time in traffic. I guess milk does do a body good. :D

Emilio Lopez from Wis. Luth HS and Edgewwod College in Madison, first time I've ever seen him play. He can finish in traffic from one side of the rim to the other and has a nice shot. Don't understand why he is not a D1 player from what I saw from him on Saturday.

Justin Simmons from South Division and Nebraska-Omaha, man he can fly!

Those are my takes on the non-MU players that stand out to me from Wisconsin. There are many others as well. I wish I could give a report on the MU players but out of the three Pro-Am's, most have not been there two of the three summer league games. Burton has been to all three. Mans body, I hope he can pass, because there is not a shot he doesn't like.

dubs98
07-13-2014, 05:19 PM
Thanks for the info. Sounds like a great time. I hope to get there at some point.