PDA

View Full Version : Another Reason to Stay at 10 Teams

Goose85
07-10-2014, 11:39 AM
I do feel bad for my Badger football season ticket holder friends. And of course, they are not happy either.

I'm sure it wasn't easy to buy those tickets and pay the seat license to see this home slate.
Western Ill - Bowling Green - South Florida - Illinois - Maryland - Nebraska - Minnesota.

Adding Maryland and Rutgers will help the conference financially, but the fans can get the short end of the stick.

Expanded conferences can bring fluke scheduling (UW doesn't play Mich / Mich State / Ohio State at all), and made for TV games can result in no home non conference marquee games. This can hurt home ticket interest (Duke had trouble selling out student tickets in the past).

Made for TV games and warm weather tournaments mean good non-conference games played away from home. That is one positive aspect of the current Big East setup and why I am more hesitant to expand, as a season ticket holder we see every team in the conference at home every year.

Nukem2
07-10-2014, 11:58 AM
Bucky should be a shoo-in for the Big 10/11/12/14 Championship Game in Indy. One benefit of the schedule.

MU/Panther
07-10-2014, 12:20 PM
I make fun of my Dad, who has Badger football season-tickets. Enjoy no Ohio State, no Michigan, no Penn State, no Michigan State. Just think Michigan might play at Camp Randell once every 14 years.

IWB
07-10-2014, 05:30 PM
I know going East & West makes the most sense, but having Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State and Penn State all in the same division is not all that fair to those teams, while in the other division it should be between Wisconsin and Nebraska every year.

MU/Panther
07-11-2014, 09:26 AM
Don't sleep om Iowa, but point well taken.