PDA

View Full Version : Bucks 2nd round picks

MU/Panther
06-27-2014, 09:29 AM
I got to say I'm very disappointed that the Bucks didn't pick with the #31 pick, Cleanthony Early and Glenn Robinson, III at the #36 pick. It does sound like Damien Inglis was a solid pick, but the Bucks could have pick him at #36.
Thoughts.

AbovetheRim
06-27-2014, 11:52 AM
I got to say I'm very disappointed that the Bucks didn't pick with the #31 pick, Cleanthony Early and Glenn Robinson, III at the #36 pick. It does sound like Damien Inglis was a solid pick, but the Bucks could have pick him at #36.
Thoughts.

Given that 5-6 players picked in the 2nd round in a given year make it in the NBA, you're way overthinking it. 95% chance that last night's 2nd round didn't produce a single all star. Alot of dreck to sort through after the first 10-15 picks or so. Early and Robinson don't look like anything more than NBA bench players to me. Do the Bucks need more guys that fit that profile?

MU/Panther
06-27-2014, 02:06 PM
Early who many thought was a first round pick, is a steal in the 2nd round. Did you watch him in the Final Four and versus Kentucky? He will be a solid NBA player.

AbovetheRim
06-27-2014, 09:34 PM
Early who many thought was a first round pick, is a steal in the 2nd round. Did you watch him in the Final Four and versus Kentucky? He will be a solid NBA player.

I'll be sure to get back to you in 3 years when he's either warming a bench or playing in Mongolia. That's my point about the 2nd round. Nothing to get worked up about.

MU/Panther
06-30-2014, 08:45 AM
Just because most 2nd round picks don't make it, you still need to draft strong to be that 5% as you call it.

AbovetheRim
06-30-2014, 03:57 PM
The fact that most 2nd round picks don't make it sums up my entire point. It's a crapshoot. Even teams that "hit" on the anomaly most likely will tell you that luck was involved to some extent. Nothing worth getting worked up about or being disappointed over.

MU/Panther
06-30-2014, 07:04 PM
When Early was there in the Bucks lap, as he had 1st rounder written on him, it's disappointing. If your not, more power to you!

AbovetheRim
06-30-2014, 11:02 PM
When Early was there in the Bucks lap, as he had 1st rounder written on him, it's disappointing. If your not, more power to you!

I'm with you. If Early is anything more than a benchwarmer, I'll give you props in 3 years. Until then, I like the direction the franchise is heading with their drafting. Takes time. Everyone loved drafting Doron Lamb.