PDA

View Full Version : Tim Brando joining Fox/FS1

MU/Panther
06-25-2014, 11:11 AM
http://static.foxsports.com/content/fscom/binary/2014/06/25/ncTim_Brando_Joins_FOX_Sports_%283%291403708118377 .pdf

Tim Brando joins Bruce Feldman and Stewart Mandel as other recent additions to FOX Sports’ expanding college sports coverage. Feldman was announced in April as a FOX Sports senior college football reporter & columnist, and Mandel earlier this month as a senior columnist focusing on college football and basketball.

MU/Panther
06-25-2014, 11:38 AM
I guess things have changed since June 4th. Brett McMurphy‏@McMurphyESPN

Sources say congrats in order for @timbrando, another super addition to @SECNetwork

That tweet was on June 4th.

MUBasketball
06-25-2014, 12:20 PM
Wait, I'm totally confused. Is Brando joining Fox or SEC Network? That PDF about Fox is dated today.

MU/Panther
06-25-2014, 02:06 PM
Wait, I'm totally confused. Is Brando joining Fox or SEC Network? That PDF about Fox is dated today. He was going to join the SEC Network for just college basketball with no college football gig. SEC Network is have Brent Musburger as the lead play by play voice and Joe Tessitore will head up the SEC Nation Show, which will be like College Gameday. I was shocked that Brando would agree to that since college football is what wags the dog. Fox made a late push in the past few weeks and got Tim Brando for Fox/FS1. He will not work for the SEC Network. Brando will still work for Raycom, doing ACC basketball. This is a huge get for FS1!

MUBasketball
06-25-2014, 04:00 PM
This is a huge get for FS1!

Sounds like it. Awesome!

TheSultan
06-25-2014, 04:20 PM
Brando will also be doing football for Fox.

MU/Panther
06-25-2014, 05:14 PM
Brando will also be doing football for Fox.
That is what got him to Fox, as there was no plan for football on the SEC Network. (Which us unthinkable) Tim Brando and the late Beano Cook was the original College Gameday in the 80's on ESPN.

“I’m really stoked about what I am going to get to do,” Brando said. “Football is the big tail that wags the dog, and they offered me a full package of games through the season to go along with college basketball, which is enhanced by their Big East package.

“I wanted to break away from the studio and do games, and this will give me that platform.”

CaribouJim
06-25-2014, 06:11 PM
It would be nice if FS1 can steal Rece Davis as well. Can't find anything on the status of the renewal of his contract with ESPN so maybe it is a moot point if he re-upped.

MU/Panther
06-25-2014, 07:00 PM
It would be nice if FS1 can steal Rece Davis as well. Can't find anything on the status of the renewal of his contract with ESPN so maybe it is a moot point if he re-upped.

I do like Rob Stone, but adding Rece Davis would be another plus. Rece Davis is leading the coverage for NBA Draft, so who knows his status at ESPN.

Markedman
06-25-2014, 08:17 PM
When will Buzz call Brando to talk him out of the move? I think they are pals. :cool:

MU/Panther
06-25-2014, 08:29 PM
When will Buzz call Brando to talk him out of the move? I think they are pals. :cool:
Classic! Buzz is on Brando's radio a lot.