PDA

View Full Version : Smart or just insecure?

Nukem2
06-19-2014, 10:37 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/24592329/new-faces-new-places-why-did-buzz-williams-leave-marquette-for-vtu

TheSultan
06-19-2014, 10:37 AM
Probably both. Nothing about this article surprises me.

MU Viking
06-19-2014, 10:51 AM
Paranoia sometimes breeds success.

I loved Buzz for the time he was here at Marquette and continue to wish him well. Glad to have Wojo aboard.

warriorfan4life
06-19-2014, 10:58 AM
Absolutely both. And I stand with Vike here, as I think the change will be healthy for both parties.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
06-19-2014, 11:29 AM
With that mind set he will spend his life running, that said best of luck to him. That works for some folks.

JohnnyRev
06-19-2014, 02:23 PM
Like Viking, I too loved Buzz most of his time here, but I'm convinced the change is good for both Buzz and for MU and us. Unlike many, I seriously feared that we had lost Buzz as early as the Humphrey sex scandal and aftermath. I'm pretty sure Buzz shared that realization that he no longer was the darling of the MU brass, and maybe realized that "as long as they want me" was going to come true sooner rather than later. I regret that his last year was such a comparative failure and that he never formed a team. Their happiness with Coach Steve W. may well indicate that they too are relieved at the change - none of us (probably including Buzz) could see how he could possibly get back to the heights with the players he had left after this down year.

Nukem2
06-19-2014, 02:28 PM
Like Viking, I too loved Buzz most of his time here, but I'm convinced the change is good for both Buzz and for MU and us. Unlike many, I seriously feared that we had lost Buzz as early as the Humphrey sex scandal and aftermath. I'm pretty sure Buzz shared that realization that he no longer was the darling of the MU brass, and maybe realized that "as long as they want me" was going to come true sooner rather than later. I regret that his last year was such a comparative failure and that he never formed a team. Their happiness with Coach Steve W. may well indicate that they too are relieved at the change - none of us (probably including Buzz) could see how he could possibly get back to the heights with the players he had left after this down year.
JRev, I suspect the footing all started going downhill with the assault allegations along with the change in administration. The BE change and the Fox situation probably then greased the grapevine as Buzz slid away.

Westcoastwarrior
06-24-2014, 02:59 PM
I think the Scott Monarch issue was also a big contributor.