PDA

View Full Version : OT: Marquette in Chronicle of Higher Education

MU Viking
06-16-2014, 03:05 PM
Marquette's presidential search highlighted in the Chronicle of Higher Education, which is the premier higher ed publication.

http://chronicle.com/article/Inside-a-Presidential-Search/147083/

Gato78
06-16-2014, 07:28 PM
Interesting article. Key to me is what I have been saying a long time: it is a very small group of the Board involved in key decision making. Many board posters think the board is far more day-to-day than reality. In the article, it is interesting the search committee made a point to keep the rest of the Board informed. The selection of a President is the Board's most important function. I am sure they are hardly involved in selection of AD. Also amazing they kept a lid on it.

CaribouJim
06-16-2014, 08:54 PM
Is the general consensus that this was a good hire? In relative terms, at least for me, he was kind of lost in the coaching transition shuffle.

MU Viking
06-16-2014, 09:27 PM
Extremely accessible and "man of the people." Whereas the previous leader always had an entourage and didn't like to interact with people, this one has the reputation for wanting to get to know people and form relationships. Has great connections in the Milwaukee business community. So far, so good with Lovell.

TheSultan
06-16-2014, 09:32 PM
I will point out that this article was written by the search firm that Marquette used. Not that it is inaccurate but perhaps should be taken with a grain of salt.