PDA

View Full Version : OT for Golf fans and my friend Gato

Markedman
06-12-2014, 01:40 PM
Today begins the longest weekend of the year.........the US Open....the most grueling test in golf.....

And 4 days of Chris Berman which is even more brutal........

Gato78
06-12-2014, 01:55 PM
I am a Chris "I'll never be your beast of" Berman lover (not that there is anything wrong with it). However, he is not suited for announcing golf. It is the National Championship of golf and in my mind is far more prestigious than the Masters. By far the greatest test in golf.

DCwarrior
06-12-2014, 02:12 PM
Doesn't Fox get the rights to the Open next year? If so, this will thankfully be the last year I'll ever have to listen to Berman announce anything again. Honestly, has anyone ever been so popular (for whatever reason) and made so much money in the world of sports without knowing anything about the sports they're covering?

MUMac
06-12-2014, 02:48 PM
The Masters is my favorite golf event. Likely because I now associate the music and the event to the start of spring. I loved it more this year than ever!

As for Berman, can't stand him.

IWB
06-12-2014, 02:49 PM
As for Berman, can't stand him.

I think you are thinking of Costanza.

WindyCityGoldenEagle
06-12-2014, 02:58 PM
Honestly, has anyone ever been so popular (for whatever reason) and made so much money in the world of sports without knowing anything about the sports they're covering?

Mike Ditka? I'm a die hard bears fan but that guy has made a boatload of money off of the stereotypical chicago meatball.

Wish someone else was covering the open. Berman just isn't right for it.

MUMac
06-12-2014, 03:05 PM
I think you are thinking of Costanza.

lol. Now I am going to have "Cos STANZ za, Can't STAND ya" in my mind all day ...

Goose85
06-12-2014, 03:26 PM
I have always been a fan of Chris "Shelly" Berman, but ESPN overexposed him making him tired and irritating to viewers. Just because I like Berman doesn't mean I want him on every sport broadcast by ESPN. Especially golf.

Big fan of the Oddibe "Young Again" McDowell type names, and I don't mind him doing baseball.
I also enjoy him on NFL football show.

In small doses, yes. On every sport, no.

TheSultan
06-12-2014, 04:05 PM
I am a Chris "I'll never be your beast of" Berman lover (not that there is anything wrong with it). However, he is not suited for announcing golf. It is the National Championship of golf and in my mind is far more prestigious than the Masters. By far the greatest test in golf.

Tirico is down in Brazil for the World Cup....that's why Berman is at the US Open.

Gato78
06-12-2014, 04:15 PM
Tirico is a damn good golf announcer. How would Gus Johnson do in golf? That would be worth watching at least once.

Markedman
06-12-2014, 04:51 PM
Tirico is down in Brazil for the World Cup....that's why Berman is at the US Open.

Berman has always done the US open....Tirico would normally be there but it wouldn't have been instead of Berman

TheSultan
06-12-2014, 04:55 PM
Berman has always done the US open....Tirico would normally be there but it wouldn't have been instead of Berman

Oh...then Twitter was wrong. Sorry!

Gato78
06-12-2014, 07:39 PM
Haven't Tirico and Berman done it together? It is an all day television program.

ziggysfryboy
06-12-2014, 11:43 PM
Tirico is a damn good golf announcer. How would Gus Johnson do in golf? That would be worth watching at least once.

Gus would last one tee shot and he'd be kicked out by the Open staff for being too loud. OH BABY!

IrwinFletcher
06-13-2014, 10:52 AM
What increases the anti-Berman sentiment is that there are many stories about him just being a complete prick.

Markedman
06-13-2014, 12:51 PM
David Toms makes a putt......"Ground control to David Toms...."

He just can't help himself....

DCwarrior
06-13-2014, 01:14 PM
What increases the anti-Berman sentiment is that there are many stories about him just being a complete prick.

I could tolerate that as long as he knew what he was talking about.

The Reptile
06-13-2014, 04:05 PM
Today begins the longest weekend of the year.........the US Open....the most grueling test in golf.....

And 4 days of Chris Berman which is even more brutal........

Make that two weekends for the folks here in central North Carolina. The women's open is next week in Pinehurst.