PDA

View Full Version : Travis Diener Interview With Local Fond Du Lac Station

warriorfan4life
06-11-2014, 09:10 PM
http://www.kfiz.com/local-sports/diener-takes-job-at-marquette

TheSultan
06-11-2014, 09:45 PM
What a great interview. Thanks for posting that. You can tell that he did his homework, and isn't quite sure if this is next career, but he's going to give it 100% and its in a perfect location. Family is obviously very important.

He mentions that Wojo approached him just as he got the job, but he didn't know him at all prior to this. Did Travis let some people associated with MU know that he was going to retire and made some inquires about coming back to campus?

MUfan12
06-11-2014, 10:22 PM
He mentions that Wojo approached him just as he got the job, but he didn't know him at all prior to this. Did Travis let some people associated with MU know that he was going to retire and made some inquires about coming back to campus?

Was wondering the same thing. If Wojo knew of Travis and reached out on his own, that's even more impressive.

IWB
06-12-2014, 09:28 AM
I love that Travis did that interview - everything that he has done throughout his career, even his collegiate ending injury, he has always give that station first crack. Got to love it.

Not sure where the tie in came from. Maybe Wojo asked Cords or Broeker who was the most beloved player in recent MU history? Maybe he knew of Travis through JJ Reddick who Travis played with? No clue, but glad it happened.

Also, we will have Travis on our radio show next week.

Gato78
06-12-2014, 10:02 AM
I can say that Broeker deserves some credit, if not all. He has a great long term view. That is why he needs to be our AD. We need bridges to our history. Some new AD from a small school or even a big football school does not have that understanding. Broeker gets it, right now. Wojo and Travis did not know each other. If you put the pieces together......

Nukem2
06-12-2014, 12:48 PM
Good interview. Wonder if Travis will develop that needed level of patience that he addressed in the interview.

IWB
06-12-2014, 01:31 PM
Good interview. Wonder if Travis will develop that needed level of patience that he addressed in the interview.

Patience? Diener? Sorry, those words do not go together. No way.

79warrior
06-12-2014, 02:15 PM
I can say that Broeker deserves some credit, if not all. He has a great long term view. That is why he needs to be our AD. We need bridges to our history. Some new AD from a small school or even a big football school does not have that understanding. Broeker gets it, right now. Wojo and Travis did not know each other. If you put the pieces together......

I agree with your MB comments. Just curious though, if Broeker was the guy, why the delay in hiring him? I have to think it will not be him or it would have happened by now.

CaribouJim
06-12-2014, 02:57 PM
Also, we will have Travis on our radio show next week.

Any chance that he is playing in the Perry along with Bob and the rest of the Diener posse?

TheSultan
06-12-2014, 04:04 PM
I agree with your MB comments. Just curious though, if Broeker was the guy, why the delay in hiring him? I have to think it will not be him or it would have happened by now.

Because Lovell is going to make the final decision and he just got there.