PDA

View Full Version : Jazz hire Quin Snyder which...

CaribouJim
06-07-2014, 09:46 AM
...brings back memories of the MU vs. MU game in the 2003 NCAA's - certainly one of the top 5 most entertaining Marquette games that I have witnessed in person.

Game in the Hoosier Dome and was after the ND/Illini game where ND wins in an entertaining fashion as well. It ended up being Bill Self's last game for Illinois.

We (including Mayor Beluga) snuck down between games to about 10 rows up from the free throw line - great seats.

Marquette kind of let's the game get away and their MU ties it up, but to TC's credit he and the bench welcomed the team back to the huddle prior to OT with claps and hugs so they don't get all depressed. MU goes perfect from the floor and the free throw line including three 3's from Novak and MU wins OT 21-12. I don't know if I've ever seen that many points scored in OT. When Marquette was pulling away in OT, some ND fans sitting a few rows over and down a bit turned around and gave us the thumbs up. They were equally as entertained. One of my buddies was in a luxury box where they had access to beer and snuck down a couple.

Diener was studly again after his heroics against the Cross. Nice to realize that at one time MU could shoot and make 3's!! That Mizzou team was something - surprised that no one from that team that I recall did much of anything post college, especially Paulding and Johnson - just beasts. Paulding was more than holding his own against DWade that game. Just a great, great game. Then it was on to MPLS and the Pitt game!!

Snyder BTW, was an assistant at Duke for Wojo's entire playing tenure. I can't remember the violations that lead to his exit at Mizzou, probably the everyday garden variety recruiting stuff, but he always looked like he stayed up late drinking martinis and smoking Pall Malls.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/college/2003/ncaa_tourney/news/2003/03/22/marquette_missouri_ap/

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/jazz/58037770-87/snyder-jazz-coach-spurs.html.csp

Nukem2
06-07-2014, 10:15 AM
That shooting performance by Paulding was exceptional. Some tough shots too. Several years late Jean Felix did MU in with a similar performance.

MUAlphaBangura
06-07-2014, 12:59 PM
...brings back memories of the MU vs. MU game in the 2003 NCAA's - certainly one of the top 5 most entertaining Marquette games that I have witnessed in person.

Game in the Hoosier Dome and was after the ND/Illini game where ND wins in an entertaining fashion as well. It ended up being Bill Self's last game for Illinois.

We (including Mayor Beluga) snuck down between games to about 10 rows up from the free throw line - great seats.

Marquette kind of let's the game get away and their MU ties it up, but to TC's credit he and the bench welcomed the team back to the huddle prior to OT with claps and hugs so they don't get all depressed. MU goes perfect from the floor and the free throw line including three 3's from Novak and MU wins OT 21-12. I don't know if I've ever seen that many points scored in OT. When Marquette was pulling away in OT, some ND fans sitting a few rows over and down a bit turned around and gave us the thumbs up. They were equally as entertained. One of my buddies was in a luxury box where they had access to beer and snuck down a couple.

Diener was studly again after his heroics against the Cross. Nice to realize that at one time MU could shoot and make 3's!! That Mizzou team was something - surprised that no one from that team that I recall did much of anything post college, especially Paulding and Johnson - just beasts. Paulding was more than holding his own against DWade that game. Just a great, great game. Then it was on to MPLS and the Pitt game!!

Snyder BTW, was an assistant at Duke for Wojo's entire playing tenure. I can't remember the violations that lead to his exit at Mizzou, probably the everyday garden variety recruiting stuff, but he always looked like he stayed up late drinking martinis and smoking Pall Malls.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/college/2003/ncaa_tourney/news/2003/03/22/marquette_missouri_ap/

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/jazz/58037770-87/snyder-jazz-coach-spurs.html.csp

What a cheater!!!!!!!

CaribouJim
06-07-2014, 01:12 PM
What a cheater!!!!!!!

It was either that or join a gang.

MUMac
06-07-2014, 02:03 PM
After the game, at the team hotel, someone in our group talked to Novak. He said that in OT, Travis told him he would nod his head when he wanted Novak to shoot. Novak went off in OT. He said near the end, Travis was nodding every time Novak touched the ball.

That team had so many weapons.

Nukem2
06-07-2014, 03:26 PM
After the game, at the team hotel, someone in our group talked to Novak. He said that in OT, Travis told him he would nod his head when he wanted Novak to shoot. Novak went off in OT. He said near the end, Travis was nodding every time Novak touched the ball.

That team had so many weapons.
Yup...Wade, Diener, Novak, RJax and Merritt (who had his best season ) with some timely help from Chapman, Townsend and Bradley.. That was quite a season to remember.

Gato78
06-07-2014, 09:13 PM
Typical politician. Entitlement mentality

What a cheater!!!!!!!