PDA

View Full Version : UW @ MU- Dec. 6

MU/Panther
06-04-2014, 08:24 AM
http://www.gomarquette.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/060314aaa.html

Gato78
06-04-2014, 08:27 AM
The Blue and Gold Auction is also scheduled for the night before. Should be a super weekend!!!

TheSultan
06-04-2014, 08:30 AM
Fischer will not be eligible until the next week, but at least the students will still be around.

MU/Panther
06-04-2014, 08:49 AM
Fischer will not be eligible until the next week, but at least the students will still be around. Thank god, that got changed in 2002 that UW-MU meet in early December. Didn't like the day's of the game being playing on NYE.

This game will be on Fox/FS1. I'm guessing it will be more in the day, since it falls on championship Saturday in college football and Fox has the TV right to the B1G Title game.

I'm hoping for a 1pm before the SEC title game on CBS, which gets NFL style TV ratings.

IrwinFletcher
06-04-2014, 08:50 AM
Also

Marquette at OSU on November 18.

MU/Panther
06-04-2014, 09:07 AM
Also

Marquette at OSU on November 18.

Where did you find that out?

TedBaxter
06-04-2014, 09:08 AM
What in-season tourney is MU in and when is it?

TheSultan
06-04-2014, 09:09 AM
Where did you find that out?

https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status/474171341801668608

TheSultan
06-04-2014, 09:10 AM
What in-season tourney is MU in and when is it?

Orlando Classic...starts Thanksgiving.

http://espnevents.com/orlando-classic/

MU/Panther
06-04-2014, 09:15 AM
The Badgers will be twice in Milwaukee as they the Panthers at the arena.

Phantom Warrior
06-04-2014, 10:52 AM
I hate to say this, but I don't think the UW-MU game will be even close.

I don't think Taylor can defend Kaminsky. I could easily see Kaminsky getting 25 points. And if he gets Taylor in foul trouble, which is definitely possible, we'd have to put Juan on him.

Plus, Deonte will likely guard Hayes or Dekker. That could be a real problem as well. Hayes, in particular, is very aggressive attacking the basket. If it's Dekker, and he pulls Deonte outside, that is a problem as well.

We would obviously have a better shot if the game was a couple of weeks later and Fischer were eligible. But that's moot.

Despite being at the BC, I will be very surprised if we don't lost by at least 10-12 points, and it could be much uglier than that.

Nukem2
06-04-2014, 10:55 AM
I hate to say this, but I don't think the UW-MU game will be even close.

I don't think Taylor can defend Kaminsky. I could easily see Kaminsky getting 25 points. And if he gets Taylor in foul trouble, which is definitely possible, we'd have to put Juan on him.

Plus, Deonte will likely guard Hayes or Dekker. That could be a real problem as well. Hayes, in particular, is very aggressive attacking the basket. If it's Dekker, and he pulls Deonte outside, that is a problem as well.

We would obviously have a better shot if the game was a couple of weeks later and Fischer were eligible. But that's moot.

Despite being at the BC, I will be very surprised if we don't lost by at least 10-12 points, and it could be much uglier than that.
Its also early in the season. Could be a rough game for our Warriors. Kaminsky and Hayes ( and probably Vitto Brown ) will be tough matchups for MU. Maybe Wojo can find a foreign big by then..;)

MU/Panther
06-04-2014, 11:03 AM
The games are also close.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
06-04-2014, 11:42 AM
Many people thought we'd struggle in Madison last year after early returns and we were within a possession late in the game. I never really expect a blowout in these games. I'll expect the Badgers to win, most likely, but at home with a roster that will largely be foreign to what UW has seen, we could keep it close and maybe even steal the game.