PDA

View Full Version : DePaul/Northwestern...

CaribouJim
06-03-2014, 03:41 PM
...announce 5 game series starting in 2015 w/ 3 hosted by DePaul and 2 by NW.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/24579159/depaul-northwestern-agree-to-five-year-series

Phantom Warrior
06-03-2014, 04:19 PM
Wow. Can't miss t.v.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
06-04-2014, 06:41 AM
That's a good move for DePaul. Would be better if it was Illinois, but a Chicago series is a positive and shows DePaul is at least trying to play some meaningful games. Better than announcing a 5-game series with UIC, which would be more typical of them.

MU/Panther
06-04-2014, 10:00 AM
Wow. Can't miss t.v. Last year's game was a classic finish.

CaribouJim
06-04-2014, 10:14 AM
That's a good move for DePaul. Would be better if it was Illinois, but a Chicago series is a positive and shows DePaul is at least trying to play some meaningful games. Better than announcing a 5-game series with UIC, which would be more typical of them.

Agreed and they will at least get some local coverage here in Chicago - they get next to nothing here and I guess you can say deservedly so. Do teams typically go with a series with an odd # like that though when there is no discernible difference between the programs? I thought that was kind of weird.

Don't know if DePaul and the Illini have ever had a long term arrangement even during DePaul's glory days, but I may be wrong.

In any event, a move in the right direction, but they still can't get rid of their A.D. fast enough while getting some type of real commitment from their administration.