PDA

View Full Version : Sandy Cohen Track And Field

TedBaxter
05-28-2014, 08:25 PM
http://www.wiaawi.org/Portals/0/PDF/Results/Track/2014/seymourregional.htm

Won the triple jump, finished second in the long jump, fourth in 300 hurdles and his top seeded 4x100 relay team was DQ'd.

In other Marquette recruit results, Stevens Point golfer Trevor Thomas won the regional shooting 73 and Garrett Loomis of River Falls won with a 74. Both were conference golfers of the year and in the one head to head effort, they tied for medalist honors shooting 70. Two of the top seniors in high school golf in Wisconsin.

Nukem2
05-28-2014, 09:15 PM
Shades of Wesley...?

trublufan
05-29-2014, 03:35 PM
Will have a much better career than Ahmed Hill. Book it!

JohnnyRev
05-30-2014, 04:41 PM
If you were wondering (as I had been) why Cohen wasn't in the first summer school session and b-ball workouts with Coach Steve, it's clearly because he is still competing for his high school in track. He will be in the second summer session and team workouts.

IWB
05-30-2014, 05:15 PM
Johnny Rev - Incoming freshmen are never at MU for the first summer session as it starts before many high schools finish their year.

MUMac
05-30-2014, 05:39 PM
If you were wondering (as I had been) why Cohen wasn't in the first summer school session and b-ball workouts with Coach Steve, it's clearly because he is still competing for his high school in track. He will be in the second summer session and team workouts.

His semester is not over yet.

TedBaxter
05-31-2014, 05:37 AM
http://www.wiaawi.org/Portals/0/PDF/Results/Track/2014/freedomsectional.htm

Cohen won the triple jump in the sectional going 45'-9". Finished 4th in the long jump with a distance of 22'-0" and was fourth in the 300 hurdles with a time of 40.92 seconds. I'm not sure how the WIAA rewards state qualifiers and if his 4th place finishes will be good enough to get him to LaCrosse. His team finished in second place only 2 points behind Freedom. If his 4x100 meter relay team would have not been disqualified at the regional, there's a good chance they could have taken home the sectional team title.

MUMac
05-31-2014, 07:33 AM
http://www.wiaawi.org/Portals/0/PDF/Results/Track/2014/freedomsectional.htm

Cohen won the triple jump in the sectional going 45'-9". Finished 4th in the long jump with a distance of 22'-0" and was fourth in the 300 hurdles with a time of 40.92 seconds. I'm not sure how the WIAA rewards state qualifiers and if his 4th place finishes will be good enough to get him to LaCrosse. His team finished in second place only 2 points behind Freedom. If his 4x100 meter relay team would have not been disqualified at the regional, there's a good chance they could have taken home the sectional team title.

D1 top 3 go. D2 and D3 top 4 go. There is also a chance for additional qualifiers if your time/height/distance qualifies for the top 8 overall, you can go as an additional qualifier.

TedBaxter
05-31-2014, 09:00 AM
Thanks MUMac.

The Eau Claire Memorial sectional pairings are out for golf and Marquette recruits Garrett Loomis and Trevor Thomas are paired together in the same foursome.

2013UnleashTheBeast
06-01-2014, 12:33 PM
Will have a much better career than Ahmed Hill. Book it!

Don't know about that. Hill is built a lot more solidly, is more explosive, and looks like he has Crowder's head for the game in a 2G's body. Not to mention he's a skilled shooter/dribbler/passer and a hound on defense to boot. Pretty lethal combo there. Really depressed he won't be wearing a Marquette uni. Of course, I really hope you're ultimately correct.

TedBaxter
06-01-2014, 01:43 PM
I thought Hill would be the best recruit in the class, at least initially. Wojo addressed it this week in the press conference when he said he wants players who want to play at Marquette and Cohen is the only one who elected to do that. Hope he can develop enough to give some spot minutes, if needed, as a freshman.

IWB
06-02-2014, 01:44 AM
Thing about Hill is that so many kids need to develop (add weight, add muscle, get stronger) - Hill is one of those kids that, despite being young, looks like he is already 25 years old - he has already developed his body - he has already matured. Pisses me off that he is headed to Va Tech - had MU released him to any school except Va Tech I think he would be here.

Va Tech - remember that, sounds dumb but their alums despise it when you call them "Va Tech"... Virginia Tech is ok, Tech is ok, even VPI is ok, but they hate "Va Tech".

MUAlphaBangura
06-02-2014, 08:10 AM
Thing about Hill is that so many kids need to develop (add weight, add muscle, get stronger) - Hill is one of those kids that, despite being young, looks like he is already 25 years old - he has already developed his body - he has already matured. Pisses me off that he is headed to Va Tech - had MU released him to any school except Va Tech I think he would be here.

Va Tech - remember that, sounds dumb but their alums despise it when you call them "Va Tech"... Virginia Tech is ok, Tech is ok, even VPI is ok, but they hate "Va Tech".

Then Va Tech it is!!

On a somewhat related note, saw a tweet this morning by Brent saying that everything we run away from has power over us.... Was going to respond that MU must have significant power over you Brent! (sorry IWB).

TedBaxter
06-06-2014, 06:08 PM
Cohen is participating in the triple jump at this time and fouled on his first two attempts. A jumper from University School has gone 46'-7" so far.

Sandy got his 3rd jump into the books at 42'-0" and is in 11th place with 3 jumps to go. Appears that the top 10 advanced past 3 jumps and that he finished 11th.

Later on Friday, Sandy missed qualifying for the finals of the 300 meter hurdles.

TedBaxter
06-08-2014, 08:09 AM
Cohen finished 3rd in the long jump 1 1/2" behind the winning jump from his Seymour teammate. Sandy jumped 22'-6 1/2".