PDA

View Full Version : OT: Well said Mark Jackson

mufan2003
05-20-2014, 10:11 PM
Mark Jackson states in the 4th period tonight, "I'll say it again...Dwyane Wade is the 3rd best SG of all-time...right behind Jordan and Bryant."

High praise and I think that is right. Although I would argue from 2005 to 2010, Wade was as good if not better than Kobe.

MUfan12
05-20-2014, 10:25 PM
A lot of people saying that Wade is done, past it, etc. I may be (very) biased, but I see a guy that is adapting his game. His shot selection is better, and he's picking his spots to attack. He was outstanding tonight.

Phantom Warrior
05-20-2014, 11:20 PM
I think I'd still put Jerry West ahead of DW. But I think DW will probably end up being recognized as belonging somewhere in the Top 50.

pbiflyer
05-21-2014, 09:21 AM
I think I'd still put Jerry West ahead of DW. But I think DW will probably end up being recognized as belonging somewhere in the Top 50.

That was my initial thought as well. Dumb question though, was West really considered a SG? or was he more of a scoring point?

I still like DW in the top 5 of all time! And the best part, I have got to watch him up close for over a decade now!

Phantom Warrior
05-21-2014, 09:37 AM
West is listed as a shooting guard in the lists of top all-time NBA scorers and top all-time NBA assists. (He ranks 25th in total assists despite playing about 300 fewer games than most of the players ranked ahead of him.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_National_Basketball_Association_career_sco ring_leaders

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_National_Basketball_Association_career_ass ists_leaders

TedBaxter
05-21-2014, 09:57 AM
Different era's and different players.

West was a better shooter, but wasn't in the same realm as Wade athletically, so I'll give the nod to Wade in almost every other category outside of maybe assists.

How many NBA championships did West win with the Lakers? Just wondering.

Markedman
05-21-2014, 10:30 AM
West only won 1 title but his resume is very impressive. 27 points 5.8 rebounds and 6.7 assists per game for his career. 14 time all star….10 time all NBA first team…..4 time all defensive first team. Won a finals MVP even though his team lost(only time it has ever happened)

TheSultan
05-21-2014, 11:49 AM
It's hard to compare players across eras, but in many ways West was a transcendent player in that I think he would have been a very good player in a later era. Really though outside of West, who would even be considered? Dr. J., Isiah Thomas, Rick Barry....but I think Wade is better than all three of those guys.

Phantom Warrior
05-21-2014, 11:59 AM
Dr. J and Barry were forwards and Isaiah was a point guard.

TheSultan
05-21-2014, 12:05 PM
Dr. J and Barry were forwards and Isaiah was a point guard.

You are right about Isaiah, but I view small forwards and shooting guards as rather interchangeable. That's a "me" problem though...

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
05-21-2014, 01:05 PM
You are right about Isaiah, but I view small forwards and shooting guards as rather interchangeable. That's a "me" problem though...

They've definitely become interchangeable in recent years. 20 years ago I think there was usually more of a difference between them.