PDA

View Full Version : ESPN strikes again

MUBasketball
05-19-2014, 01:50 PM
In an article discussing "mid major" coaches who stay put and don't just jump for "bigger" jobs, they include Jay Wright in that list. :rolleyes: And while I suppose it's true there are leagues with deeper pockets, the same was true prior to the Big East breakup, back when the Big East was on ESPN. Think they would have made the same comment a few years ago?

"and despite many suitors in deeper-pocketed leagues, Jay Wright has stayed put at Villanova."

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/10951348/college-basketball-coaches-not-jumping-quickly-next-open-job

MU/Panther
05-19-2014, 02:34 PM
Odd that the Nova fan is sticking up for Dana O'Neill.

James D'Amico · Top Commenter · Marquette

I don't understand why Jay wright is included in this. It is more ESPN trying to downplay the Big East. The other coaches are at decent programs with little history Wright is at VILLANOVA a storied program with titles and multiple final fours. ESPN will do anything to knock the BE

Reply ·

· 1 · 2 hours ago

Richard Aceto · Top Commenter · Pennsylvania State University

I'm a Villanova fan. Villanova will never be Kentucky or UCLA. Villanova doesn't have D1 football revenue supporting it's athletic department. O'Neil is a friend of the Villanova program. Do your homework before whining.

Reply ·

· about an hour ago

James D'Amico · Top Commenter · Marquette

Richard Aceto I'm a marquette fan I'm not arguing either of our programs are going to be Kentucky or UCLA. But we're talking basketball so talking about football is asinine. And while O'neil might have been a friend guess what the editors are under contract for espn the same espn that the big east spurned to go to a competitor. Since then ESPN and O'neil have written plenty of articles questioning the strength present and future of the Big East despite storied programs like GTown, Nova and Marq. So I'd do YOUR homework before blindly insulting me and talking about football.

Litehouse
05-20-2014, 06:41 AM
That looks more like a Penn State fan pretending to be a Nova fan.