PDA

View Full Version : Quality Wojo interview

TulsaWarrior
05-17-2014, 09:48 AM
A solid interviewer and solid job done by Wojo. http://www.jrn.com/tmj4/wi-sports/Wojciechowski-adapting-to-Marquette-Milwaukee-259611551.html

The Reptile
05-17-2014, 11:59 AM
Great stuff on by both parties. I'dove to have the folks in the fanbase that are bitter about Buzz or have questions about Wojo listen to this. I realize that Wojo is going to be measures by his record but I truly believe we have a keeper here. And what's better is there's no salesmanship and no gimmicks like the previous two coaches. Just someone who knows how to do things the right way and who I expect to get it done.

ziggysfryboy
05-17-2014, 07:21 PM
Great stuff on by both parties. I'dove to have the folks in the fanbase that are bitter about Buzz or have questions about Wojo listen to this. I realize that Wojo is going to be measures by his record but I truly believe we have a keeper here. And what's better is there's no salesmanship and no gimmicks like the previous two coaches. Just someone who knows how to do things the right way and who I expect to get it done.

we all thought that Buzz was pretty genuine when he was still Buzz. Once he became Brent, some of the snake oil started oozing out.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
05-19-2014, 11:13 PM
we all thought that Buzz was pretty genuine when he was still Buzz. Once he became Brent, some of the snake oil started oozing out.

+1

We loved that Buzz would stay as long as we'd have him, but the reality is things change. If Buzz doesn't leave we'd still be high on him. He didn't, so suddenly he's Crean. I don't say that to defend him, BW definitely slapped us in the face as he walked out the door for a lesser job, but let's not canonize Wojo before he coaches a game. He's a great orator and knows well how to say what MU fans want to hear, but for all we know he'll be gone in 5 years. Better to enjoy what we have than to try to force a LTR on someone who may not stay so willing as time goes by.

Mucrisco
05-19-2014, 11:43 PM
Personally, I still defend Crean. I was getting sick of Buzz's act and style of play. I was ready for a change.

KMWTRUCKS
05-20-2014, 07:44 AM
So many things changed under Buzz with Larry and Father P, and it sounds like Buzz could not get over it. I think Buzz and most coach's like to run the programs how they see fit with very little input from AD's and Pres and most successful coach's have pretty big Ego's so its not a surprise that Buzz was bothered by how things played out. The only thing that is a surprise for me is I feel like looking back Buzz was not going to be here 10 years even if Cottingham was still here. My guess might be another year or 2. 2 years ago I would not have thought that but I do now.

MUMac
05-20-2014, 07:55 AM
+1

We loved that Buzz would stay as long as we'd have him, but the reality is things change. If Buzz doesn't leave we'd still be high on him. He didn't, so suddenly he's Crean. I don't say that to defend him, BW definitely slapped us in the face as he walked out the door for a lesser job, but let's not canonize Wojo before he coaches a game. He's a great orator and knows well how to say what MU fans want to hear, but for all we know he'll be gone in 5 years. Better to enjoy what we have than to try to force a LTR on someone who may not stay so willing as time goes by.

Disagree. The thorns were showing on the rose. Many of us liked buzz and what he said, but were bothered by some of his actions. I agree with Crisco, that I was tiring of buzz. I was not happy that he left, but I was not disappointed, either.

MUfan12
05-20-2014, 09:16 AM
I was getting sick of Buzz's act and style of play. I was ready for a change.

Totally agree.

MUBasketball
05-20-2014, 11:43 AM
Personally, I still defend Crean. I was getting sick of Buzz's act and style of play. I was ready for a change.

I don't know about anybody else, but I've regained a lot of my long lost love for Crean after the Buzz departure. IWB has mentioned in the past how Crean did very classy things following his departure from MU (minus the way he left, which didn't bother me but did a lot of other people). He never had anything bad to say about Marquette and simply left for one of the better jobs in college hoops.

Buzz, on the other hand, seems like he doused the bridge in kerosene and lit the match.

Nukem2
05-20-2014, 01:12 PM
Back to the subject of the thread. Wojo certainly represents the University quite well. But, as you say, he is ultimately going to be measured by his record. so far, so good; but, he does need to prove his chops on the recruiting trail for sure. If he gets his guys, I'm quite sure he will do well on the court. Hope he can build on the recent assistant hires in KO, TC and BW.