PDA

View Full Version : Looks like Wojo is going the exhibition game route

TheSultan
05-09-2014, 08:20 AM
Wisconsin Lutheran College at MU. November 8.

https://mobile.twitter.com/jmarose47/status/464510855863091201?p=v

A truly terrible D3 program.

MUfan12
05-09-2014, 08:22 AM
I think this has been discussed before, but can teams still scrimmage another D1 team if they host an exhibition game? I thought there was some weird NCAA rule about that, but I could be wrong.

MUMac
05-09-2014, 08:24 AM
I think this has been discussed before, but can teams still scrimmage another D1 team if they host an exhibition game? I thought there was some weird NCAA rule about that, but I could be wrong.

Yes. Wisconsin did that last year. They had an exhibition game against Platteville and scrimmage against De Paul.

warriorfan4life
05-09-2014, 08:24 AM

Each scrimmage counts as one exhibition game, and there is a 2 exhibition game/scrimmage limit.

Marquette
05-09-2014, 08:29 AM
I know this was discussed before but what will happen with ticket prices? When we used to do two exhibition games season tickets were one price, lets say $500. Then when they got rid of the two exhibition games they kept the price of tickets at $500 saying it was the price no matter how many games there were. So we all paid the same cost. Now if we go back to two exhibition games will Mu raise the price $100 because there are two more games now? Based on what they said last time the price should not go up.

TulsaWarrior
05-09-2014, 08:45 AM
My guess is one exhibition game and one scrimmage with the nominee for a closed scrimmage being being Green Bay. (low cost to the athletic department and the Nix will be a solid team in the coming season -- it also gives a tip of the hat to Marquette grads Wardle and Barone)

I think the days of charter flights to Charlottesville for a close scrimmage are over.

MU/Panther
05-09-2014, 08:53 AM
Pricing for season tickets have change over the past 4 years, as MU now has THREE price plans for single game tickets. Non-conference/Big East/Marquee. Season-ticket holders pay for the non-conference pricing for every home game on the schedule. You save on cost for season-tickets as single game ticket prices are higher for 11 of the 16 home game or around that number.
http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/marq/sports/m-baskbl/auto_pdf/2014-15/misc_non_event/MBBSeasonTixMap_1415.pdfThe pricing is on the link below.

Marquette
05-09-2014, 09:03 AM
Pricing for season tickets have change over the past 4 years, as MU now has THREE price plans for single game tickets. Non-conference/Big East/Marquee. Season-ticket holders pay for the non-conference pricing for every home game on the schedule. You save on cost for season-tickets as single game ticket prices are higher for 11 of the 16 home game or around that number.
http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/marq/sports/m-baskbl/auto_pdf/2014-15/misc_non_event/MBBSeasonTixMap_1415.pdfThe pricing is on the link below.

I know prices have changed but that is not what I was talking about. I was referring to when Mu went from 18 home games to 16 home games. You would have thought that the price would have dropped as there were two less games even though they were exhibition but it didn't, the overall package price stayed the same. With the exhibition games, now they will add an extra game or maybe two and I bet they will boost the price because of additional games.

MU/Panther
05-09-2014, 09:33 AM
I know prices have changed but that is not what I was talking about. I was referring to when Mu went from 18 home games to 16 home games. You would have thought that the price would have dropped as there were two less games even though they were exhibition but it didn't, the overall package price stayed the same. With the exhibition games, now they will add an extra game or maybe two and I bet they will boost the price because of additional games.

Please, re-read what I wrote. That is the answer to the question! We don't pay per game as season-ticket holder anymore. We pay a base payment. Don't look at it anymore as how many home games Marquette has. The cost difference is made up by single game tickets prices going up for Big East and marquee games. As a Season-ticket holder you are saving! When MU went from 18 to 16 home games, yes you paid the same price, but single game ticket went up for Big East and marquee game. MU used to do one price for ALL single price games, so they had to always change the price for season-tickets.

That is the map for 2014-15 season-tickets. Plus, everyone got prices in the mail. The cost is not going up.

TallTitan34
05-09-2014, 10:07 AM
Can Luke play in an exhibition?

Nukem2
05-09-2014, 10:20 AM
Can Luke play in an exhibition?Don't believe so.