PDA

View Full Version : GB just picked up an interesting big

TulsaWarrior
05-04-2014, 04:40 PM
6-11, Henry Uwadiae has three years of eligility left. He had been a Marshall University commit before the coaching change. The Nigerian redshirted at an Iowa juco and only played a little this past season because he had mono. Out of high school he was a Wichita State commit but his paperwork from Nigeria didn't arrive in time so he went the juco route.

With what GB has coming back this could put Brian Wardle and Company back in the NCAA Tournament coversation.

GOMU1104
05-04-2014, 04:48 PM
Is this a UWGB message board?

TulsaWarrior
05-04-2014, 05:17 PM
Some of us follow Marquette grads like Brian Wardle and Brian Barone. What are they up to how are they doing in their career pursuits? Wardle was a darkhorse for the job at MU. Barone is now the associate head coach up there. Both of these Marquette grads look to be in the college coaching ranks for a long time.

Goose85
05-04-2014, 05:50 PM
Hope he works out well for Wardle and GB. A big man who can contribute May be just what they need this year.

dubs98
05-04-2014, 06:44 PM

Weird comment. Do we have to have blinders to any other team if we are mu fans? I think many are fans of hoops in general and enjoy talking about many hoops topics. Of course the interest rises when the team happens to employ former mu players and one in particular who was at least in discussion for the last job opening. Never understood why people get snarky when someone posts something that is not directly mu relevant.

Thx Tulsa for posting.

MUCookie30
05-04-2014, 07:00 PM
As a fellow GB fan, Tulsa, I apreciated the update. I'm excited by the pickup because of the position need and the potential. I hope MU is able to find a similar diamond in the rough (preferably, a bit more polished).

Nukem2
05-04-2014, 07:24 PM
Well, we are college BB fans too and this is in-state....

TulsaWarrior
05-04-2014, 07:51 PM
I enjoy following former Marquette players. Wardle was a favorite during a tough time for the team. Barone paid his dues with Crean both as a player and lower level assistant. FYI, his dad is fighting cancer.

unclejohn
05-04-2014, 11:31 PM
And there is reason to think that Wardle might be coaching Marquette some time in the future. I am surely not trying to show Wojo the door before he even gets his seat warm, but it is likely that Marquette will hire another coach some day, and Wardle will likely be on the short list.

MU/Panther
05-05-2014, 10:53 AM
Wardle needs to get the Green Bay program back. That means they need to get to the NCAA tourney for the first time since 1995. That will bring the fan base somewhat back. GB should be drawing more then what they do.