PDA

View Full Version : Shooting and robbery on MU campus...

CaribouJim
05-02-2014, 07:15 AM
...as per brief report on Chicago local CBS affiliate about 10 minutes ago - two students were the victims - one hit in the hand and not sure on the other. Any reports there in Milwaukee?

IWB
05-02-2014, 07:21 AM
http://www.620wtmj.com/news/local/One-person-arrested-after-shooting-near-Marquette-257647781.html

CaribouJim
05-02-2014, 07:26 AM
Wow - the kid is lucky it was only his hand. Don't recall any armed robberies of students during my MU tenure.

MU/Panther
05-02-2014, 07:43 AM
Matt Doyle from CBS 58 is reporting live.

Awilhelmscream
05-02-2014, 06:22 PM
Wow - the kid is lucky it was only his hand. Don't recall any armed robberies of students during my MU tenure.

My senior year was 2008 which was when there were the abduction robberies around campus. The robbers would wait outside the bars, wait for a drunk, throw them in a car, drive them around and have them take money out of the ATMs until the bank account was empty, then beat them severely and leave them on their doorstep. Milwaukee was pretty damn bad 04-08 and my college buddy that's now a Milwaukee cop tells me it's worse than when we were there.

MU/Panther
05-02-2014, 06:58 PM

It happens almost every weekend, when the weather gets better.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
05-02-2014, 10:19 PM
Hazards of an urban campus. UWM students had similar problems that started with robbers hitting up kids at the Oakland & Locust intersection when drunk kids stumbled out of Oakland Gyros after 3:30 am when most cops were back across the river. It spread all the way to campus. Quantity of working officers has been down and many districts are running near skeleton crews overnight. Hopefully the expansion of DPS authority helps on campus. Though the real answer is staffing, which is always hard (read: expensive) to fix.